Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Disco 2 owner, long time admirer

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018 | 11:20 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
It was offered for the D2 as a option. I have a set somewhere.
Ah. I've never seen them before. Thanks, Army!

Old 09-15-2018 | 06:25 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the input everyone. Got it home this morning and man did it use gas! Had P0102 and fuel trim evels maxed out. Remedied that work a MAF that came with it.
Stopped by British Boneyard and picked up a set front rail crossbars for the basket, and ofcourse some other misc parts. Mounted the Thule bars and it's ready for the RTT once I can get some help loading it up there. Turns out both my current baskets are to big to use with the tent, so I'll have to either cut one down or find one around 30" or less.

​Cluster bezel was busted so I replaced that and now I need to diagnose the driver's window and door lock inop. The radio stopped all sound on the maiden trip home too, so I figure it's the radio or the amp, so that's next on the list.
​​​​​​​

Old 09-16-2018 | 11:40 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Yesterday I made a long reply to this post thanking everyone for their input and updating on the new purchase. Now I notice that it never went through!
Here it goes again in short version:
Got home with the new purchase and overall happy with it so far. It drove pretty nice, but was sucking down the gas horribly. PO had installed a UltraGuage and I saw that both PT and FTFT were maxed out at 25% and setting code P0102. Made it home and unloaded all the extra parts that I got with the truck and found a used MAFS. Installed it fixed the issue. Just have to fix the three amigos next. I stopped to see Randy at British Boneyard on the way home, it's only 2 mi from my house, and picked up the crossbars for the front roof rails and a replacement inst cluster bezel as well as a few odds and ends. Put it on the lift and wad disapointed to find the rear frame has a bad rust hole on the pass side bottom of frame right at the hoop. A small hole in the inside of front frame at the catalytic converters on each side. Overall it was pretty good underneath as the PO has replaced many things in his 5 years of ownership. The Watts link is wasted and I needs replaced asap too.
She's home!

Old 09-16-2018 | 04:05 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Post aren't showing up, my posts are awaiting approval since it contained a picture. Once they show up you'll have an update.

Old 09-16-2018 | 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Fixed the pictures while you have under 10 posts cause auto moderation.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 09-16-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2018 | 04:14 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Fixed the pictures while you have under 10 posts cause auto moderation
Thank you sir!

Old 09-16-2018 | 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

For a small front basket cheap you could look at the harbor freight hitch cargo carrier. It's bolt together and you just leave the receiver out when bolting it together to make a 48x17 roof basket

Old 09-16-2018 | 04:28 PM
|
Three Wheeling

I was thinking the same thing too. I was going to get there today and look at them in person, but got busy with other things. I have one I can cut down and be ~28"x40".
Hoping to have everything done and ready for the upcoming Rovers Club Fall Robesonia.

Old 09-16-2018 | 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

lots of folks use them on trailers as cheap weld on carry alls.

Looks like a cool event, be sure to do a write up of your fun.

Also since your in PA keep Veterans day weekend open for Rovers on the Rocks. Always a great time.

Old 09-16-2018 | 04:51 PM
|
Three Wheeling

lots of folks use them on trailers as cheap weld on carry alls.

Looks like a cool event, be sure to do a write up of your fun.

Also since your in PA keep Veterans day weekend open for Rovers on the Rocks. Always a great time.
Just joined Rovers Club today. Hopefully meet some locals.

Quick Reply: New Disco 2 owner, long time admirer