Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 11:54 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Discovery 2

Hello all,
I just purchased a 2003 discovery 2 with 80,000 miles and no problems and as this is my first time owning a Land Rover I figured I should ask here for advice on stopping it from blowing up. I've read lots of stuff about the unreliability of the engine and have a couple of thousand go spare so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any parts, changes or things I should have done to it to ensure it lasts for a while, I also live in Kentucky so emissions stuff aren't a thing and whatnot.
Please be gentle and thank you for any help

Old 05-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Just a few recommendations. Change your oil and use Rosella T5 oil and a good grade filter, Drain you coolant if it is the DexCool(orange in color) and replace with regular green antifreeze, and while you are at it, either replace the stock thermostat with a factory 180 degree(Lucky8) or look into the inline thermostat mod. Read the stickies on the first page of the D2 forum for the recommended fluid changes. Get under your truck and see if you still have the stock front drive shaft(it will only have 1 grease fitting) and if it is original, think about pulling it out and having a shop replace all u-joints and centering ball with greaseable ones(the stock will come apart and at worst destroy your tranny or transfer case).
Just a few things mind ya.

The following users liked this post:
garrddogg (06-27-2016)