Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Love it
0%
Ghetto
0%
Ghetto fabulous
0%
Please take that ugly thing off
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

New grill?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New grill?

I think i'd black it out. You hit a hawk?? Is that a normal thing that goes on in OK? I had a friend driving through georgia hit an armadillo (s/p) and it got stuck in the engine some how. She didn't realize it until the thing started decaying and reaking to high heaven. She said the smell stayed with the car forever after she got the thing out.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, thanks to all for the responses. Sorry the poll didn't work. The pics didn't post in thumbnails either... Maybe they will get that fixed...

Black seems to be the concensus.. I am going to wait a couple of weeks and try it...

Herb- Not the norm to hit a hawk, but it happens. I got lucky because it just broke out the center of the grill. No other damage...
I have hit severeal Armadillos, and if you ever do, you will know it. They kinda have a scent defense like a skunk. When they are in the road, the defense they use is to hop in the air...usually right under the truck. If you ever hit one, use gloves to remove it. They carry leprosy....

Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Drifting

Here's a pic to help decide if you prefer it in black...I do. :-D

Old 07-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was about to vote a big thumbs down. It didn't look right for some reason, I'm guessing you were feelin that though. But that black looks way cool, I say go for it.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Drifting

On second thought...pink would be killer! LOL

Name:  33516E47CB1D4EF592CCED7A4454228C-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  76.7 KB

Old 07-03-2008, 08:36 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

BHAHAHA Pink?
Ultra ghetto.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Mudding

I was actually going to suggest pink in the first place, something so masculine about it, lol.
...wow, armadillos carrying leprosy...note to self, stop bear hugging armadillos I come across, and get rash checked out..

Old 07-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Rock Crawling

I like it but ya I think black would be better for you! My only concern is how much air gets to the moter it looks like the holes are small and if you paint will that make them evan smaler?? just my thoughts
How much was that $$$$ and who did you buy it from??

Old 07-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Black all the way.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is what I am talking about. Since the market is not there for brush aluminum, carbon fiber,or any other aftermarket trim pieces, you have to make do with your own creation. I like the grill and I hope you do notmind me exploring this route when it is time to re-condition my exterior.I see what you are talking about, when you say wait it out a couple of weeks and see if the silver goes better with the wheels.

Some might call it ghetto, but if you do keep the silver you might want to considercreating a custom silver(chrome)door pillar or door sill to match. I know someone is already thinking it, so let me clear it up. I am not into the bling factor.Certain exterior colors look very nice with chrome accents (if done correctly) and black is definately one of those colors.

Since the word Land Rover conjure up a elegant, sophisticated kinda vehicle, chrome or silver accents would fit perfect for this vehicle. Again, if done correctly. I can't stress that enough.

Both grills deserves and second look, so here you go.

Two thumbs up

Quick Reply: New grill?