Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner of 99 disco II

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner of 99 disco II

Hello all,

I am a Wrangler owner and have decided to move into a more 'adult' car - therefore I am going to buy a 99 Disco (I believe that is the correct terminology ) and am curious if you guys suggest getting it all checked out before buying it. THe deal almost sounds too good to be true - the owner of a garage for all BMW's/Porsche's/Rovers has a daughter who is moving away and he needs to sell her car. Anyway, the garage is buying my Wrangler from me for 4k which is well below what I had been looking for but they are giving me the Disco for 6k and it only has 83k miles and is in great condition (atleast cosmetically). Do you all suggest that I get it checked out?

He said they have taken care of it for the last two years and it's in good condition - he has to fix the sway bars (?) so I can pass inspection but other than that, he said it is good. Any suggestions on potential issues with a Disco with that many miles? Is this deal too good to be true?

Thanks!
Kari

Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new owner of 99 disco II

Had been a Jeep owner for the last 20 years, up to a month ago now, when I sold my fully built Jeep Tj that I simply wasn't using anymore because I prefered driving the discovery. You will definitely like driving the Discovery.

But there's a few things you have to know...... Although Discoveries have their own personnality just like Jeeps, they are nowhere as reliable and demand constant monitering of all fluids. If you thought your Jeep was hard on gas.....You're in for a surprise!!!! But as you saidthe Discovery is more of a responsible adult vehicle andbesides the CJs,YJs and TJs, Jeep doesn't make another model with a personality that really sets it apart from the crowd.

Just be ready to put in a good amount of money when you first buy it, but keep in mind that you'll still be driving a vehicle that is worth much more than you'll have paid for it.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: new owner of 99 disco II

Kal if you want to call me I would be glad to answer all your questions, I also have a 99 D2 with about the sam mileage.
303-862-7680
Colorado