Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Years Eve Casualty

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Years Eve Casualty

So I go out to my 2000 Discovery after spending an evening at a friends house for New Years Eve... only to discover that someone drove directly into my driver side door!!

The S.O.B. didn't even leave a note... and the damage is pretty bad. Fortunately I was able to open the door and drive home.

I'm heart broken.

I thought I'd share how my 2008 has started.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: New Years Eve Casualty

Bummer man. Shouldn't be hard to find the culprit if it was parked in front of a house in a suburban neighborhood. Someone in that neighborhood knows whose car it was. If it was a neighbor's car, then they will likely have damage to it that matches. If it was a neighbor's friend's car then asking your neighbor some careful questions might unlock the culprit's name. Hit and run is a big deal.

Whatever you do, file a police report. The policeshould then also start asking the neighbors on your behalf. Hanging in the background will be the threat that if the neighbors fail to divulge what they know, they can be hit with an obstruction of justice charge, which has some teeth.

Dave

Old 01-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Mudding

Man that hurts me just reading about it. I'm truly sorry. I would really look into Geo's advice. Also, you might want to see if the apartment complex has security cameras. You can also ask the police if there are intersection cameras at red lights surround all exits to the apartment. A lot depends on the city you live in. Bigger cities usually have cameras. Smaller towns..you can start calling body shops and explain what happened. Ask them if they've got calls about repairing a vehicle. Based on the damage of your rover you can probably judge how it was hit. Straight on, side-swipe or if they backed into it based on your doors damage. Make sense? Geo's right, the police take hit and runs pretty seriously. I would make that call asap.

-W

Old 01-02-2008, 02:25 PM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks man. Mine was totally different. We stayed at a hotel and I parked between a Freelander and another Disco that had an older Range Rover on the other side of it. Made me smile. I wish I had taken a picture.

Hope you find the culprit.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dang thats rough. I hope you can find the culprit, they probably had a few to many that night. Dont you wish come people would get some common sense? Good luck and I hope the rest of your 2008 is better!!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for all the input and replies.

So, I called the police... they told me that I could file a report, but since there were no witnesses, that they would just file it away. No investigation... no nothing!

I think I may drive the neighborhood this evening and check for a trail of damage... the driver may have hit others on their rampage.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: yarddawg

So, I called the police... they told me that I could file a report, but since there were no witnesses, that they would just file it away. No investigation... no nothing!
One of the reasons I don't live in California.

Nothing like a little police inaction to spur some vigilante justice, brass knuckles style.

Dave