Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Power After Window Regulator Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power After Window Regulator Replacement

My front passenger window was making a crunching/popping noise on roll down (yet had no problems rolling up or down, just made a horrible noise), so I ordered a new regulator and replaced the existing one. Sure enough, one of the plastic rollers had snapped.

After i reassembled everything, I gave her a test and it rolled about half the way up and slowly stopped, as if it was using the last of the battery's juice. I rolled it down, and it slowly rolled down into position, sounding very weak. Went to roll it back up and nothing. It makes a slight "click" noise as if the motor is engaged, but there is absolutely no torque delivered.

Did my motor coincidentally go out right after my install? Does something need to be reset? All other windows are working fine.

*UPDATE*
I took everything back apart to inspect things, and the motor is very hot to the touch.

*UPDATE 2*
After further inspection it appears I have a defective regulator from AB. The arm binds up against the gear plate at one point in its motion.

Last edited by Allenhartwig; 09-21-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

motor stalling out, and the increased amp drain can tell the window ECU you have reached the limit when you have not. BTW, I make my own replacement rollers out of teflon furniture glides. Square ones that slide just as well, and are stronger. Metal ones avalable also.