Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North Carolina shops or engine worx

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Carolina shops or engine worx

hello, again...
my newly acquired disco 2 is keeping me on my toes, but i'm in need of some shop work or a capable mechanic to do some warranty work to get the ol' girl back up to fightin' specifications. any suggestions would be appreciated especially in or around the charlotte NC area. thanx
basically someone that can do warranty work is what i'm looking for, or a capable mechanic that can do a full gasket job on my 2002 disco2. (basically i have an aftermarket warranty that i'd like to use, but if it is more cost effective i'd pay out of pocket!!)

Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: North Carolina shops or engine worx

Discovery Automotive
6200 Daimler Way,
Raleigh, NC 27687
919-859-6446
Email: discoveryauto@mac.com
Fax: 864-244-4199

That place was listed on rangerovers.net....

Old 02-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: slave600

hello, again...
my newly acquired disco 2 is keeping me on my toes, but i'm in need of some shop work or a capable mechanic to do some warranty work to get the ol' girl back up to fightin' specifications. any suggestions would be appreciated especially in or around the charlotte NC area. thanx
basically someone that can do warranty work is what i'm looking for, or a capable mechanic that can do a full gasket job on my 2002 disco2. (basically i have an aftermarket warranty that i'd like to use, but if it is more cost effective i'd pay out of pocket!!)
When you stay full gasket job, what are you refering to
[ul][*]head gasket[*]valve cover gasket[*]front cover gasket[*]oil pan gasket[*]intake manifold gasket[*]exhaust manifold gasket[*]water pump gasket[*]thermostat housing gasket[/ul]
Which one of the above are you looking to replace?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

What exactly do you need to have done and be very specific? What warranty to you have and what does it say about seals? Most will tell you they only cover seals if they are needed as part od a mechanical part replacement.
That being sai, read your policy and as mentioned, be very specific when replying back to us cause most likely you will have no coverage.
Mike

Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, since i have only had the new disco 2 for a grand total of 1 week i have been looking into the issues it may have had under the previous owner.
-seems a slight coolant smell was present after driving it home from the previous owner... i'm looking in to what the root cause is, but i have assumed the worst case scenario would be a head gasket or a "dropped" sleeve. (i work on old air cooled motorcycles so i'm trying to learn). my only cause for the line of questions revolves around the common issues w/ the LR and that would be an overheat that damaged the gasket or sleeve... i have only had the vehicle for a grand total of 78 miles, but i let the truck warm up on a cool evening for about 15 minutes and when i went out to hop in and leave the reservoir was bubbling over..... i refilled it w/ luke warm water immediately after it was cool and the coolant level has not changed since. the oil is still very light brown with no "milkshake" in it.... kinda happy that if it is a head gasket it isnt that bad yet. i feel certain that the fluid that leaked out was from the reservoir tank and that was only about a cup or 2.

-i have the 3 amigos and a somewhat spongy brake pedal feel, but a quick stomp remedies the spongy feeling

-the systems are somewhat diiferent than on the d1 i had so i am still familiarizing myself w/ them all (diff lock???, traction control????, hdc???)

-and lastly i'm only curious about the warranty b/c my other car is under a really awesome warranty that practically covers everything so i figured i'd ask for any shops that know alot about these trucks and that members recommend

this warranty is very slack and only covers the bare minimum so i'm gonna be paying outta pocket regardless... thanx

Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

You might want to PM me your tele number so we can talk this morning, you have some problems.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also in Charlotte, Steele Creeke/Lake Wylie area.I do not know of aindep LR shop, but if you're looking for another opinion i'll be more than happy to assist.Fora grand total of oneweek and 78 miles it looks like you've done some research already. Since this was a private sale, I assume the warranty you're speaking of is from the previous owner warranty. Is that warranty transferable?