Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this not a simple anwser ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:32 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this not a simple anwser ?

o.k. I seem to have the same problem -Water on the right side passenger side floor I read -

I had the same thing happen on my 2000 Disco. If you are comfortable getting under the car, you can fix it in 2 minutes with a wire coat hanger. Look for two black drain grommets on each side. Poke them with the coat hanger until they drain. Road grime can build up and cause a blockage.

now I am as girlie as they come however I am not stupid my carpet is getting ruined so -No laughing men -I want to try to fix my problem -describe where at these grommets are on each side of the trans. so I can take a shot at this -

Old 08-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Drifting
Default RE: NEED SOME HELP QUICK !!!

Disco23,
You will have to crawl under vehicle. Take a flashlight with you and a coat hander or
scribe. I just did this to my disco yesterday. Just position yourself behind the front wheels and
towards the center of vehicle by transmission.
Look up and with the aid of flashlight look on the passenger side and you will see a rubber
diamond like grommet on the bottom of the floor pan. I used a pointed long scribe to poke the
grommet. Be careful, as the fluid that will drain can be hot and dirty. Once the passenger side
is done, look on the drivers side by transmission and try to locate by using the passenger side as
a reference. The drivers side is much more harder as the transmission linkage is in the way. Once
cleaned and drained you will longer have soaked carpets. Hope this helps

Irwin

Old 08-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a woman fixing an ac drain, id like to see that one time I asked my girlfriend who put a water pump on an Audi a-6 if she would do it again while I watched if I bought the part>

Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 PM
6th Gear

Yes I am sure it would be pretty entertaining to watch...First off Thank you to (igriego) for the help being that I am a woman and giving me the benefit of the doubt -you rock !!! And yes it worked ..but I must admit I did have help but now I do know exactly where it is so if it happens again I have no problem doing it my self...especially in this day and age- I am pretty sure you will see more and more women on here - Land Rover Forums is awesome !!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Drifting

I have also heard that that wet passenger side carpet could be a leaking heater core, Hope not. Smell like antifreeze?

Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 AM
Drifting

No problem glad it work out for you.

Irwin Griego