Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensor

Hi Gang,

Here's a new one - the engine on my 03 Disco started running really rough after it warmed up so I put on a diag too and got two codes out of it today .....

The first one was a P0159 Oxygen Sensor Slow Response *Codes* B D
And I also got a P0174 Oxygen Sensor System Too Lean Fault Bank B

So we went to the store and tossed in a new air filter and then ran the diag tool again.

This time I got a P0150 Oxygen Sensor Cycle Fault *Codes* B U
And then I got a P0174 Oxygen Sensor System Too Lean Fault Bank B again.

We had a look at the MAS and its clean and happy so I want to buy a new Oxygen Sensor for the one on the front under the engine on the drivers side.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to a part number? I'm going to call my local pirate dealer tomorrow and get a price and I'll also call the LR dealer and find out what bargain rates they have for me this time .... I see quite a few after market sensors out there, does anybody have any experience with them? I've heard the ones from NGK and others don't measure up. Opinions/Suggestions?

Cheers'
Dave

Old 08-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Always replace the front 2 02's at the same to make sure your air/fuel ratio is balanced.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 08-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Thats a good price, or buy some from Advanced for $44.99.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Three Wheeling

Hey, Thanks guys .....

Hi Mike, Hows it going? So replace both at the same time? Not just the one side? OK!

BTW - I'm up in the great white north in Canada so what is this "Advanced" place and again would those ones the ones from Bosch still be OK even if they not a Rover blessed part?

Cheers'
Dave

Old 08-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Dave, Bosch is the rover certified part for many parts.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by jeffh
Dave, Bosch is the rover certified part for many parts.
Ah Ha! Yea, that was my next question .... so that particular part is the same one I'm going to get if I go to my local certified Rover dealer but for a few hundred more! Right!? (grin)

Yep, so right now I just had to scoot home for a sec, and after 15 mins when the engine got warmed up - when I stopped at a traffic light while in drive the engine shudders and whines a bit and you smell that funny sort of non-bured gas smell. I did clear the codes on the engine and they haven't showed back up yet but its probably safe to say i need to new oxygen sensors - is that a safe bet?

If I call a place around here I can just give them that Bosch Part number that's the ones I need right ? I'll post what I find out for the difference in prices for you guys as well ...

Cheers'
Dave

Old 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by davecason
BTW - I'm up in the great white north in Canada so what is this "Advanced" place and again would those ones the ones from Bosch still be OK even if they not a Rover blessed part?
Advance Auto Parts: Car, Engine, Batteries, Brakes, Replacement, Performance & Accessories

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Default man !!!!

Hey Kids,

Sooo ..... here's the "story so far...."

On-line in the states on Ebay, one place (does ship to godless foreigners- grin) they want about $50.23 ea plus shipping.

I called my local pirate rover shop place here in town and they want $149.00 ea.

Lastly for fun I called the official land rover dealer here in town and they want $334.27 ea.

Hum, decisions, decisions .... I'm also going to try just a generic auto parts place and see what they want for the same thing - I did say I wanted the Bosch part number at each store but the rover place said it was an "official" RL part number to make me feel better maybe? (grin) More later ....

Cheers'
Dave

Old 08-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here in Calgary, I obtained mine from Bowness Auto and paid around $75 and I no longer wonder how they have stayed in business for 50 years with the onset of NAPA, Canadian Tire, Partsource and the rest. You may surprise yourself with the locals.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor