Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD2 Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD2 Help!!!

Not sure where the problem is, but purchased a bluetooth OBD 2 tool today and nothing happens when i plug it in? I tried it in two other vehicles with no problems. I've aken off the panel and tried to trace the wires but it is very TIGHT! and lots of wires! Anyone ever have this problem before?........BTW I've tried a professional scan tool with the same results from the co-worker

Old 08-31-2011, 02:36 PM
6th Gear

sorry....it's a 2001 DII SE

Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the bluetooth one from autoenginuity and at first, it didn't want to connect, and every so often, it fails to do so on my disco, although Ive never had the problem with any other car. My only fix is to pop the battery on my windows phone to reset it, then turn it back on, plug it in and it then always works usually the first time. usually its a bluetooth connectivity bug, atleast in windows mobile. not sure if you are using a laptop or other o/s with it.

a quick check to make sure its not the obd plug in the car itself is to take it to autozone or advance auto for a free check engine scan. if there POS device connects, then you know for sure its the bluetooth hardware and/or software.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM
6th Gear
Angry

Yeah i've checked it with another mechanic's scan tool and he couldn't get it to work. The actual adapter gets no power? I've plugged the unit into my patrol car and it works, also my wifes toyota avalon and works with no problems. It has indicator lights that start flashing as soon as it is plugged in.........Only thing is when you plug it in the rover........no flashing lights? been doing some searching on other vehicle forums and found that fuses could cause this. I've checked every fuse I cant find and anything. The only electrical (or vacuum problem) that i have is that the cruise control stopped working a long time ago and that there is a whistling noise at 70+ mph when throttle is chopped........???????? I'm lost!.......just got finished with head gasket job, timing cover job, fluid flush and this little bug is killing me!