Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinion on BWD plug wires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Being from Borg Warner and selling for under $30, I wouldn't even give them a second look.
You need good 8 mm silicon wires to get good voltage, low resistance and be able to tolerate the engine temp our tuck have in the engine compartment.
I can get them through my business account at under $30. They sell for 54.95. They are of the highest quality. Heavy duty EPDM inner insulation, extra thick high temp silicone jacket. RFI absorbent shielding material, stainless steel alloy winding, Kevlar reinforced fiberglass core, premium acrylic-latex and come in 7mm or 8mm.
They seem to meet your criteria stated above mike. However, they may be to low on your price tag.
High price does not always mean its the best!!! Take the dealership cost on things....great example! Im just trying to find more options for us all as sometimes we may need to explore new options....
The kingsbourne wires sell for $30 online as well. Thats pretty cheap too mike...but we all like them, right? Thanks for the reply too...you seem to know your way around a rover.
Im just wondering if anyone has had experience running these wires......?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
I've never heard of BWD.

Nice 40 BTW
Thanks! i love it too......its been a long project. found it on a farm and built it up over the past few years, just got her going this past summer.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fj60disco
Thanks! i love it too......its been a long project. found it on a farm and built it up over the past few years, just got her going this past summer.
Good stuff, I've got a '74 in my garage so I know what you mean about a loooong project, haha.

And back on topic of the wires, for that price I'd say you can afford to test them out. The only hesitation I would have is that they are a b**** to change out. It took me so damn long just to do my plugs last weekend that I didn't even want to change the wires for fear I'd do something irrational in a blind rage Stupid secondary air.

I am amazed at how great my Rover is running after swapping just the plugs though.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by fj60disco
I can get them through my business account at under $30. They sell for 54.95. They are of the highest quality. Heavy duty EPDM inner insulation, extra thick high temp silicone jacket. RFI absorbent shielding material, stainless steel alloy winding, Kevlar reinforced fiberglass core, premium acrylic-latex and come in 7mm or 8mm.
They seem to meet your criteria stated above mike. However, they may be to low on your price tag.
High price does not always mean its the best!!! Take the dealership cost on things....great example! Im just trying to find more options for us all as sometimes we may need to explore new options....
The kingsbourne wires sell for $30 online as well. Thats pretty cheap too mike...but we all like them, right? Thanks for the reply too...you seem to know your way around a rover.
Im just wondering if anyone has had experience running these wires......?
If you can get what you have described for that price in a 8 mm wire, go for it, I will be curious to see how they hold up for you.
As for the Kingbourne wires, I have never recommend then and truthfully I am shying away from STI wires having heard a few to many people in the last 6 months have leaking wires. My main referal is going to be the Magnacor, I have nearly 9 years on my set with no tested issues.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
If you can get what you have described for that price in a 8 mm wire, go for it, I will be curious to see how they hold up for you.
As for the Kingbourne wires, I have never recommend then and truthfully I am shying away from STI wires having heard a few to many people in the last 6 months have leaking wires. My main referal is going to be the Magnacor, I have nearly 9 years on my set with no tested issues.
I agree on the STI...Mine are leaking bad....its like a 4th of july party under the hood with the lights off in my garage.
This is why I am looking at options.....I'll report my findings down the road... Hopefully they work out as I have some pretty big hands and dont look forward to the missing knuckle skin involved in this swap.
Thanks again Mike!