Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch! Is this a easy fix for a front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch! Is this a easy fix for a front bumper

Well this is why you dont drive your disco2 into an automatic carwash. Handles water well just not the aluminum machine bouncing off the front end while spinning at high RPM's doh!!

Can anyone tell me if this is an easy fix. The painted end caps are fine and it is just the center section. Please don't tell me I have to order a whole new bumper. Any help on locating parts would be appreciated I have searched far and wide for a center and only see completes.

Attached Thumbnails Ouch!  Is this a easy fix for a front bumper-img_1116.jpg   Ouch!  Is this a easy fix for a front bumper-img_1117.jpg  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The center is the complete bumper. The end caps and fogs can then be transfered onto your new bumper. Used they are about 400 plus any shipping. They are also hard to find used. When we get them in, they always sell quick. I don't have any but maybe someone else on the forum has one. Another option is to replace the fragile bumper with a nice steel one. Then the carwash guy will be asking about how to fix his carwash. Sorry to bring the bad news.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry but that bumper is garbage. one of the few broken things on my two trucks I could not figure out how to properly fix.

it would/will get worse as well. they are brittle and get more so.

do not replace it with an original bumper unless you want to do the full brush guard protection.

better choice, do buy an offroad bumper used or from one of the sources. they go from streamlined to tip the truck over.

i finally removed mine last week, cleaned and painted the underlying bumper flat black and am awaiting an opportunity for a new/used bumper.