Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheating Problem again.. what now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Oh boy you got me. I understand you need to post easily rebuttable half-truths in the thought that maybe someone who actually knows what they are talking about wont come along and correct you. Here is my BBB response on the only complaint I have ever had in 5 years of business. You didn't post this part, because you just want to use the 1/2 of the facts that suit your side better. Which is fine, Obama does the same thing. You could have just linked it instead of copy/pasting only half, but again, people would see for themselves that it was 1 complaint in 5 years, from a whacko, and that wouldn't suit you well. Truthfully we don't get much work from forum members, a few jobs but not a ton. But I have personally spoken to 10 or so forum people when they have called for advice. (Thanks for letting everyone know that you're not only an idiot, but you're also an *******.) EDIT: Actually that's pretty awesome! Thanks for bringing that up! I have had ONE complaint in HUNDREDS of customers the entire time I've owned a shop.

The police came to my shop and ARRESTED that guy. Here is the rest of the BBB case.

Business Response: I took this car in to repair as a favor for family. The 1987 Monte Carlo had a blown engine. Being that it was a complete piece of junk 1987 Monte Carlo with holes in the floor, a smashed front end, cracked windshield, body damage on every square inch of the car, a questionable transmission and non working instrument cluster, I first told ****** that the car was a death trap and was not worth fixing. He insisted on me finding an engine and replacing it for him. I took a deposit of $1200.00 to perform the work that he wanted. We spoke at length about buying a "craigslist" motor and souping it up with new parts, (rebuilding) and agreed that this was the best course of action. Upon me buying a engine core/stripping it down, I estimated the parts and labor to build the new hot rod engine at up to $2000. Upset, he declined the additional work (which we had previously agreed upon) and demanded the new engine be put in the vehicle as is. Being that the engine was stripped down in 1000 pieces I then had to rebuild the engine with the best components from both engines. Upon installation of the engine, car running and driving, I called him to come pick it up and pay the additional $300 in new parts I installed on the motor. He came with his spare key to get the car, thinking he could rob me of the $300 he owed me. But I had worked in Long Branch for a while, saw this coming, and locked the car in my gated area. After swearing at me for 20 minutes and threatening to kill me and saying "YO BRING MAH CAR OUT YO, IM NOT PLAYIN YO" 5000 times in a row, I called the police. The police detained him and agreed with me, telling me NOT to release the car until I was paid the $300 he owed me. The Police officer also stated he sees this kind of thing all the time and advised me to move my business out of Long Branch. He went to the bank while the police were waiting, paid the $300 he owed me and I provided him with a bill of what I did up till that point on the car. He then took the car and left. I have operated this business for 4 years and have not had a single complaint up until now. Enclosed is the invoice he was handed at the time he picked up the car. I did 2800 dollars worth of work for $1500. If anything, he owes me $1300. The car is written up in his girlfriends name, she paid for everything

Last edited by RoverMasterTech; 02-16-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
Here is my BBB response on the only complaint I have ever had in 5 years of business. You didn't post this part, because you just want to use the 1/2 of the facts that suit your side better. Which is fine, Obama does the same thing. You could have just linked it instead of copy/pasting only half, but again, people would see for themselves that it was 1 complaint in 5 years, from a whacko, and that wouldn't suit you well.
First off, way to throw Obama into the mix. Not really sure what he has to do with things but way to show your true colors. Second, I know you don't like to read full posts but look at the bottom of mine. I DID link the site for everyone to draw there own conclusion, I wasn't hiding anything (That post has never been edited so I don't think I tried to sneak it in there to make you look stupid, you did that all on your own) So take your Obama comparison and save it for the next time you're backed into a corner and need some useless insult. Third, The fact that you've resorted to calling my childish names like "idiot" and "*******" shows me that I've really got under your skin . It's been fun picking your brain, MasterTech. I'll sleep better tonight knowing none of the cars you've worked on are on a road near me.

P.S.
Obama, Really? LOL, where did you get that from? I still can't believe you threw that in there. When all else fails, blame Obama. Christ, you are just as bad as the people still blaming Bush for everything.

Last edited by Jared9220; 02-17-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared9220
You aren't on here to help people fix there car, you are just on here to advertise your little chop shop. That's why you pop into new threads and make 1 post, so your phone number is plastered all over the forum. Everything from your user name to your signature was designed to try and make you money. Stop pretending you are here to "help" people.

Stamps taste good by the way.

Here is a BBB complaint from one of your satisfied customers, Keep up the great work

Complaint: I paid this company to change the motor out in my car and get the car running. I paid $1,200.00 to the owner ********* ***** who was to provide these services. When I was told to pick up my car the power steering was cut and it was working when I dropped it off. The car was given back to me in pieces to which he told me he "didn't have time to finish fixing it". I told him I refused to take the car because the motor was not running correctly and it was not safe to drive without power steering to which he refused to do anymore work to the vehicle. I decided to go pick up the car because he was forced to close the Long Branch shop where this took place before his move to Wall and he locked the car in a gated lot and refused to give it to me if I did not give him another $300.00. I am not out $1,500.00 and a not drivable car. He refused any and all receipts that I asked for. I have now had another mechanic look at the car and I have been informed that it seems that the motor that he put in is a bad motor. He released an unsafe vehicle into my custody, did not proved the services that were paid for, refuses to return my money and extorted me for another $300.00 on top of the $1200.00 and the excuse he gave me is "I don't have time to finish it". I need this matter resolved.

Consumer Complaints for 5 Corners Auto Repair - BBB serving New Jersey
And of course, like everyone with a computer, you run to find damning information. RMT is correct. Either the thermostat or the radiator is clogged. All the bleeding in the world isn't going to change that. I'm a tech for Mercedes and I have never read the coolant bleeding section of our information system, but I know how it works and can do it. So please, shut up, sit down and let a TECHNICIAN help this man with his car. Because you with a copy of Rave ain't doing it.

To the original poster, you have a clogged thermostat and radiator. Get the grey body lower temp thermostat. Or do an in line mod.Either way, replace the thermostat and rad and flush the system as best you can. Then perform the aforementioned bleeding procedure.

Last edited by dgi 07; 02-17-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dgi 07
And of course, like everyone with a computer, you run to find damning information. RMT is correct. Either the thermostat or the radiator is clogged. All the bleeding in the world isn't going to change that. I'm a tech for Mercedes and I have never read the coolant bleeding section of our information system, but I know how it works and can do it. So please, shut up, sit down and let a TECHNICIAN help this man with his car. Because you with a copy of Rave ain't doing it.

To the original poster, you have a clogged thermostat and radiator. Get the grey body lower temp thermostat. Or do an in line mod.Either way, replace the thermostat and rad and flush the system as best you can. Then perform the aforementioned bleeding procedure.
More Jersey scum rush to help each other, this **** is great. Once again, My very first post asks about the brand thermostat, because I suspected a crappy aftermarket was installed causing the problem. The original poster was already on the right track before Master tech and yourself came in to talk down to everyone and call people stupid. No one told him to try and bleed his system. I simple asked "have you tried to bleed the air out of the system again". This question was to find out if he had recently tried to bleed the system and possibly gotten air in the system. In fact my entire first post were all questions, no suggestions to do anything, so where you guys came up that I told him to bleed his system is completely beyond me. I'm guessing that Master tech didn't fully read things before throwing out insults. The bleed procudure was given by another member because the original poster asked for it.

What do you guys have against trying to bleed a cooling system anyway? It's free and takes like 10min so what the **** does it hurt?

I am glad that you are so confident that you never have to read any piece of instructions, but please remember that 95% of people on here did not attend a tech school to learn about cars and the things that you consider simple (like raising a coolant reservoir) are the small things that the 95% of people on here do not realize they need to do so we (as a forum) try and leave no small details out. If someone wants to know how to bleed a truck, I will explain it to them, PERIOD!!! Why put people down when they are just trying to learn?

Last edited by Jared9220; 02-17-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Jared9220
More Jersey scum rush to help each other, this **** is great. people stupid.
And the resorting to name calling has begun. Keep that up. Let me know how that is working for you. Did it make you feel better about yourself? Good, moving onward.

You are right, not every here has attended a tech school. Not everyone here fixes cars for a living. But there are a fair amount of us that do, who know what we are talking about and take our time ( which under other circumstances we charge for) to help a community that we are a part of out of the many holes they find themselves in. Some of us are even trying to find better solutions to the half assed ones that exist. But fine gentlemen like yourself, seem determined to not let that happen. so you, can enjoy your day. Let me know how that misfire on cylinder 6 is working out for you.

I don't even know RMT. Personally, I think he could use an attitude adjustment, but he gives damm good advice. Take it or leave it.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

as much as I appreciate this debate for entertainment purposes.......more than one way to skin a kitty. rave has step by step procedure and it works. people read that section if they need a step by step that's proven.......sensible move.
do it however you want as long as it works.
I've never actually read the bleed procedure, but I am surely not going to say do as I do.....I don't even have a mechanical water pump. if I was asked "how do I bleed the air" I would reference rave before I say "check with chris, he knows"......easier and I don't think you guys want to stand by the phone ready to describe your way.
who cares if my way takes 15 seconds, 5corners has a list of hundreds of success stories, rave is most reliable.......as long as it works, do it.
problems getting all the air can be more indicative of other issues rather than lack of proper procedure. clogged cores (slow flow trapping air from its ability to easily escape) and leaks (water out/ air in)can very well be the cause.

now when you ladies get finished with this debate can you move on to best spark plugs, oil weight, and filter type?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
as much as I appreciate this debate for entertainment purposes.......more than one way to skin a kitty. rave has step by step procedure and it works. people read that section if they need a step by step that's proven.......sensible move.
do it however you want as long as it works.
I've never actually read the bleed procedure, but I am surely not going to say do as I do.....I don't even have a mechanical water pump. if I was asked "how do I bleed the air" I would reference rave before I say "check with chris, he knows"......easier and I don't think you guys want to stand by the phone ready to describe your way.
who cares if my way takes 15 seconds, 5corners has a list of hundreds of success stories, rave is most reliable.......as long as it works, do it.
problems getting all the air can be more indicative of other issues rather than lack of proper procedure. clogged cores (slow flow trapping air from its ability to easily escape) and leaks (water out/ air in)can very well be the cause.

now when you ladies get finished with this debate can you move on to best spark plugs, oil weight, and filter type?
Just made my day

Old 02-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Been a while since I've read one of these

I dont know RMT either, I think he gives great advise with a common sense approach. (Thats a good mechanic for you). Maybe RMT isnt a teacher, and neither am I. I myself have been beat down on this forum by suggesting the obivious...Welcome to the Forums world!!

Old 02-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
Been a while since I've read one of these
Yea, we figured it was overdue.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Let me know how that misfire on cylinder 6 is working out for you.
Well because you asked to be kept in the loop, the misfire was fixed before you made your first post here. I dont know how I ever managed to do it without you or rmt to hold my hand,but I got it done. 2 new coils installed solved the problem, Thanks for asking buddy

Last edited by Jared9220; 02-17-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Overheating Problem again.. what now?