Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygen sensor D2 2003

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 12:58 PM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Oxygen sensor D2 2003

Ordered the Bosch 15175 upstream Oxygen sensors and tried to install them. The connectors on the existing sensors are slightly different, and I cannot get the Bosch connectors to slide onto the male end of the cars connector. I thought the 15175 was the correct part for the D2 upstream? What am I missing here. As you can see in the pictures, the connectors are different, and the Bosch plug does not want to work. Is there a better part to use. I tried cheap Rock Auto sensors, and they were dead right out of the box.

Ordered the Bosch 15175 upstream Oxygen sensors and tried to install them. The connectors on the existing sensors are slightly different, and I cannot get the Bosch connectors to slide onto the male end of the cars connector. I thought the 15175 was the correct part for the D2 upstream? What am I missing here. As you can see in the pictures, the connectors are different, and the Bosch plug does not want to work. Is there a better part to use. I tried cheap Rock Auto sensors, and they were dead right out of the box.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:11 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Are you sure the white connector lock piece from the grey plug is not stuck inside the other side.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by BackInA88
Are you sure the white connector lock piece from the grey plug is not stuck inside the other side.

Yes, connectors are clear. I tried both sides, passenger and driver, neither would connect. Looking at the male end in the Rover, it looks like it simply won't fit. Like a square peg in a round hole. Is there any different versions of the sensor from the factory? If you look at the photo's, the connectors are clearly different.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there a number on the new sensor anywhere? I wonder if you got something mis-labeled. Weird things come from Bosch lately, lots of bad on arrival units.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a pic of another 15175 from Amazon if that helps clarify. Hope it loads.

Attached Thumbnails Oxygen sensor D2 2003-15175.png  
Old 07-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

orange female connector is correct for the bosche and should fit. So something else is amiss. get a pic of the vehicle side male connector.

the gray connector looks like a slight variation, like a Walker. Someone might have replaced the vehicle side connectors, they fall apart from heat exposure. i bet the center insert of the male connector has a slightly wider T shape at the top and bottom that wont fit into the bosche center section?

pics needed.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

the white piece on the orange connector is more or less an anti-pin removal system. you have to pull it out to release the pins. This piece is clearly missing from the gray connector. I know you already said the males are clear but if the white piece is stuck in the male connector it would look like it belonged there. im betting both of them are still stuck in the male ends.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:18 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by The Decider
Is there a number on the new sensor anywhere? I wonder if you got something mis-labeled. Weird things come from Bosch lately, lots of bad on arrival units.

Looks like I found the problem.

Tracing the wiring back from the connector it looks like the connector in the Rover has been swapped out. They are close to the same, but certainly different. Now I have to figure out how I can either swap the right connectors back into the rover, or swap the connectors on the sensors.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
orange female connector is correct for the bosche and should fit. So something else is amiss. get a pic of the vehicle side male connector.

the gray connector looks like a slight variation, like a Walker. Someone might have replaced the vehicle side connectors, they fall apart from heat exposure. i bet the center insert of the male connector has a slightly wider T shape at the top and bottom that wont fit into the bosche center section?

pics needed.

I believe you are correct.

Looks like a slightly different connector. The housing is identical, but the inside connector is not. Looks like the black and gray wires are reversed as well. What do those two wires do?

[QUOTE=KingKoopa;614223]orange female connector is correct for the

Looks like a slightly different connector. The housing is identical, but the inside connector is not. Looks like the black and gray wires are reversed as well. What do those two wires do?

Old 07-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Both pictures look like the white piece from the sensor connector are stuck in both vehicle harness connectors.
The 6 white posts are the pieces that hold the crimp connectors in the O2 plug I believe.

Grab one of the 6 white plastic pieces with some needle nose and see if they pull out.

Last edited by BackInA88; 07-28-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Oxygen sensor D2 2003