Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0451 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Signal Error Fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0451 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Signal Error Fault

Changed out my fuel pump this weekend and now am getting a P0451-Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Signal Error Fault. I only changed the pump, not the housing which contains the fuel tank pressure sensor. I'm gonna pull the carpet up tonight and make sure the connector is tight and that the vent hose is snug. Other than that, anyone have any other ideas on what might be causing this.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure your fuel cap is tight. I get this same code if I don't make sure the cap clicks 3 times after I fill up.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Three Wheeling

Interesting. That makes me wonder if not tightening the metal retaining ring for the fuel pump would do the same thing as not tightening the fuel cap.........Maybe I'll tighten that a little more when I pull the carpet back.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Evap leak can just as easily come from the cap as the lock ring.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks. I'll try tightening the cap first and see if that helps before pulling up the carpet and tightening the lock ring.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Drifting

Did anything work to get rid of this??

Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this same code. Did anything you do fix the problem? I know this post was from years ago..lol But just wondering so I know what I am dealing with. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2019, 07:56 PM
4wd Low

I guess ill give it another go at bring up an old post. Well I am all over the place trying to get rid of my last code. its the same Pressure Sensor Signal Error Fault. I got to opening up the cover and found that the vacuum hose that went up towards the fuel tank filler had broke so I replaced that. cleared code and reset adaptations and the code still keeps coming back. I am trying to test the wires to see if there is a problem with the sensor or the wiring up to the sensor connector. I get power onf the solid red wire. how can I go about testing the whole sensor itself? I may just go try to pick up a whole fuel pump from the junk yard and hope its the sensor in the fuel pump but my wires were also exposed and the green wire sheild was broken a little so I'm worried its the wiring up to it and not the sensor itself.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Chrisw329
I guess ill give it another go at bring up an old post. Well I am all over the place trying to get rid of my last code. its the same Pressure Sensor Signal Error Fault. I got to opening up the cover and found that the vacuum hose that went up towards the fuel tank filler had broke so I replaced that. cleared code and reset adaptations and the code still keeps coming back. I am trying to test the wires to see if there is a problem with the sensor or the wiring up to the sensor connector. I get power onf the solid red wire. how can I go about testing the whole sensor itself? I may just go try to pick up a whole fuel pump from the junk yard and hope its the sensor in the fuel pump but my wires were also exposed and the green wire sheild was broken a little so I'm worried its the wiring up to it and not the sensor itself.

ChrisW329,

Can you tell me where the line goes from the tank pressure sensor? Is this a vacuum line to the filler cap or to the charcoal canister. My understanding is that this sensor compares values to the filler tube pressure sensor during an evap test.

I am missing the tube on my Disco 2

Thank you,

Troy

Old 02-18-2020, 11:09 AM
3rd Gear
Default p0451

I am having the same code. Come to find out there is no vacuum line of the fuel tank pressure sensor. Can someone enlighten me as to where the line should go for the fuel tank pressure sensor?

Quick Reply: P0451 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Signal Error Fault