Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint?

If I keep the D1 we have im going to get it painted.. I want to know about the "Land Rover" on the front of the hood and the insides of the doors and whatnot.. will I have to get "Land Rover" repainted? and will they paint the inside of the door frames?

Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Paint?

You know, thats a really good question, because there are alot of areas inside the truck where the paint color shows. I know there are some spots that the painters probably wont do, but when it comes to the doors i'd be curious to know. If it were my guess I would say yes they can paint it (the inside of the doors) with alot of protective tape and plastic all over the interior.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Mudding

If they are who I think they are, they will paint whatever you want as long as you are willing to pay.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
4wd Low

Yeah its prolly a question more to ask the painter but yeah.. im not sure..

Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: flattrakker

Yeah its prolly a question more to ask the painter but yeah.. im not sure..
Usually they mask the stickers inside the doors, but you don't need to paint your jambs unless you are totally changing the color. The Land Rover on the hood is a sticker that will have to be removed before painting, along with Discovery and SE, etc... Before they put the decals back on, go to www.roversnorth.com and check out the reaised letters for these trucks. The newer D2's have raised plastic letters that adhere on just like the one's you have, only they look newer. They are about as much as you would pay at the dealer for the decals...

What color is it, and what color are you going? If it is drastic, you are going to want to take off all of the door panels and headliner, along with all of the plastic trim inside. If you go that far, you might want to pull all of the weatherstripping and the rear windows. I am painting my roof, and having the alpine windows (and luggage rack)removed to get a clean line. Good time to replace the seals too...

Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Most times, shops will not paint the door jambs. It takes a LOT more work to sand and mast off jambs. If you are staying with the same color, you want to really stress with them to be EXTRA careful not to get overspray on the door jambs. A lot of shops are sloppy when it comes to overspray. The really consciencious shops take care not to get overspray in the jambs. It's a sign of sloppy work. If you are changing vehicle color, then you probably want the jambs painted. It's not easy to do right w/o removing the doors and trim (around the doors). But the final look is better. Good luck,