Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part number for Hayden HD fan clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The generic replacements for the Chevy 2000 Express 4.3 liter w/o AC are six inch. The with A/C are 7 inch. The fan bolt holes just get drilled out slightly. After I did all this I decided to try a different fan and got fan and clutch off a 2000 Blazer. $19 at the boneyard, favorite roosting place of partz vulturez everywhere.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not enough space in NJ for boneyards, they simply don't exist here lol.

But they don't make a NO AC HD, only standard or severe in other words... or someone just tell me what the part number would be for a HD fan clutch if one exists for my 00 Disco

Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Mudding

No offense, G.Kodiak, and I hope you're sitting down...don't want your blood pressure to skyrocket ...but, there are junkyards in the part of the Garden State referred to by locals as "South Jersey". We don't get alot of New Yorkers down here, but I do stop for stop signs. I learned to drive in NYC, where a driver can't even make a right on red, unless posted. If you coast through a stop sign in NYC, there's usually so much pedestrian or vehicle volume that a collision will result .

In South Jersey, old-timers use the term Shoobie for unwelcome city visitors down the shore. Benny must be a North Jersey term.

Anyway...there are junkyards in Elmer, Absecon, Williamstown, Berlin, Voorhees, Hammonton, Blackwood, and Tabernacle. I've also driven by one near Egg Harbor City. If you want the names/phone numbers, let me know. I can't vouch for reliability or what vehicles they mostly have, but if any were within your driving range, it might be worth a few phone calls. Only my opinion .

Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe there is a junkyard on State Route 1 in Linden NJ.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I've lived here for 29 years, I've never heard of a single one of those towns HAHAHA

Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2 cents....don't do it! I made ZERO change on cooling as verified over a few months on mu ultra gauge. All it did was make noise (it is LOUD) and decrease power and fuel economy. It is like an airplane prop. My readings were identical, and maybe like 3-4 degrees lower in 100 degree traffic. Went to a new regular one and all was better. The extra strain on the engine produced more heat I'm sure...so any increased cooling was negated by that.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Mudding

I'm not surprised, G. Kodiak. Just messing with you . I've never heard of alot of towns up north either. It's like N. Jersey and S. Jersey are 2 different states. Lots of folks down here really believe they are; they claim the Mason-Dixon Line crossed through Barnegat or Manahawkin. Idk .

But, I thought everyone in the U.S. had heard of Little Egg Harbor after last week. 1 of the 3 winning $448 million Powerball tickets was sold there. No...I didn't buy it , but guys there fixed my lawnmower, so that was good . Haha.

It is a long drive to S.Jersey from Long Branch for a boneyard. Prolly not worth the trip in time/gas/trouble. Plus, you could run into the Jersey Devil in the Pine Barrens. Or, worse, a Philadelphia Flyer...

Sorry to digress; it must be the heat in NJ...back to code P0430 .

Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle

lol I think thats from all the radiation down there, screws up the lotto machines gives em better odds haha

Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle

FOUR SEASONS Part # 46054

is listed as best I can tell as a "heavy duty" one for a 00 disco 4.0... guess this is the way to go to avoid modding anything and avoiding the severe duty drawbacks in noise and gas sucking?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Mudding

Yeah, you're correct, G.Kodiak. We are told to do radon testing before buying a house down here. It's a radioactive gas . Maybe the Ultra-Gauge will give me a reading on that, too? Lol. But, if screwing up lotto machines helps me win, that could make it worth living in S.Jersey...

PoncePR said that there's a junkyard in Linden, but I drive passed there heading north. Linden is where the oil refineries and power plants operate. At night, the equipment is all lit up, like a glowing yellow-ish color; it looks like the land of Oz . There's likely some radiation or other funky chemicals up there, too. Not sure if that boneyard is any safer than those down south .

Quick Reply: Part number for Hayden HD fan clutch?