Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of OME lift installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of OME lift installed

Bought the Old Man Emu med duty lift package from Lucky 8, bought steering stabilizer, as well.

I like the look of my 18" rims and for my intended purposes (very light off roading) and mostly on road conditions, I am not concerned about the increased strength of 16" sidewalls vs. 18" sidewalls. My overall attitude was/is: the stock suspension was shot at 80k miles and 7 years of age so if I'm gonna replace it I gotta go a little better than stock.

I have had the suspension and tires on for about a week now and I love the ride. Taught and firm but very far from harsh. I do not miss the side to side swaying and bouncing on our lousy, So Cal streets that my worn out suspension delivered.

I went with 275-65-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, I like the look of 'em and they are very quiet (maybe quieter than stock.)

Sorry, I took no before or after measurements. Between tires (32" up from stock 29") and lift I'd guess I gained just shy of 4 total inches of lift. I flipped the spare carrier and the spare JUST clears the bumper. I do have a little bit of tire rub if turned to full lock on the inside, rear of the front tires. Not a big deal really.

Here are the pics. Looks taller and beefer in person IMHO. I kinda think the truck being black makes the increased tire size and lift a little less noticeable,......whatever, I'm really happy with it so far.
Name:  074.jpg
Views: 4624
Size:  89.8 KB
Name:  071.jpg
Views: 6625
Size:  103.0 KB
Name:  072.jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  77.1 KB

Last edited by sddisco; 04-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Overlanding
Default looks great + ?

looks great! What part number omu spring and what shocks did you get?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Winching

+1 looks fantastic man.

Those are excellent tires. By buddy has them on his wife's 7.2L Excursion.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Drifting

I like the look, I need to ditch the RR 19" wheels that came on mine so I can get some decent off road tires.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

looks good although now its begging for more mud and dirt!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Rock Crawling

Looks great. In comparison to where it sat previous to the lift is the ride height extremely different?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Sweet man that looks really similar to mine.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
7th Gear

Thanks for the kind words guys. I spent a lot of time researching tire brands and sizes and thus far, I'm really stoked with how it turned out.

I've owned my Disco about 2 years now and I've fallen in love with it again, well......at least until someting f*cks up on it.

Originally Posted by ernestog
looks great! What part number omu spring and what shocks did you get?
I knew I was gonna get asked for spring numbers, I guess they are on my order paperwork somewhere. I just called Lucky 8 and explained what I was trying to do: Replace worn stock suspension, fit larger tires on OEM 18" wheels, and generally lose the soccer mom look without adding any custom bumpers nor completely destroying the on-road ride.

They recommended the OME 2 inch "medimum duty" springs paired with the OME sport nitro charger shocks.

Originally Posted by FightOnUSC79
Looks great. In comparison to where it sat previous to the lift is the ride height extremely different?
I meant to measure the center (12 o'clock position) of each wheel well opening before and after to actually see just how much lift I achieved,...I didn't. I DO know I now ride an inch and a half higher just due to increased tire size (1.5 inch more sidewall) and I think I gained just shy of 2 inches with the OME "2 inch" springs. I also assume my stock springs had sagged a little over time to sit actually maybe half an inch lower than when my truck left the factory in 2004. In person it definately looks higher than stock but not in a redneck, hillbilly way. The ride is smooth and much more controlled, only minor complaint is from the 5'5" wife on having to "climb" a little higher to get into her seat.

Now I just have to figure out how to mount up my early model DII OEM brush guard.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks good. It's the same setup I want to install, except with 16".
Tell me about that Porsche in the background, I like...

Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Winching

haha Bundu my eye went to that Porsche as well! Looks like a Cabriolet?

Quick Reply: Pics of OME lift installed