Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of 2inch lift and tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I thought all D2s had 8 inch wide wheels. I thought that was the reason they could run wider tires without the rubbing problems we have on the D1s.
Well it is 8 inches... and so are my rims.......

Does anyone want G4 rims? I need some 16x7 steel wheels like the ones AB sell.....

Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 AM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jycsalas
Well it is 8 inches... and so are my rims.......

Does anyone want G4 rims? I need some 16x7 steel wheels like the ones AB sell.....
I want them ....are they in good shape?

Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KBW
I want them ....are they in good shape?
No they are not in good shape..they are in excellent shape. I just went outside to take pictures of them. Excuse the brake dust of the front wheels...

One wheel as two scuff marks from a rubber mallet I used trying to remove the lug nuts. The spare is in excellent shape too... Let me see how many children and body parts you will need to sell in order to get these shipped to you... what is the shipping zip code ??

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of 2inch lift and tires-img_0021.jpg   Pictures of 2inch lift and tires-img_0020.jpg   Pictures of 2inch lift and tires-img_0019.jpg   Pictures of 2inch lift and tires-img_0022.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
OME HD suspension with 245/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (Load Range C)

Close up of tire tread
Now, that is a great color and nice looking Disco!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:10 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no they are not in good shape..they are in excellent shape. I just went outside to take pictures of them. Excuse the brake dust of the front wheels...

One wheel as two scuff marks from a rubber mallet i used trying to remove the lug nuts. The spare is in excellent shape too... Let me see how many children and body parts you will need to sell in order to get these shipped to you... What is the shipping zip code ??
29621...I've been looking for a set of these (I made a thread about these wheels over the weekend). Let me know what you need for them and the shipping.

Last edited by KBW; 08-25-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was waiting for someone to catch that. It could be A/C condensation...
it's a disco ... i'd bet it's oil lol

Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aiden
it's a disco ... i'd bet it's oil lol

haha yeah it could be... BUT NOT FOR ME....

Luckily White shepherd has cured all my leaks (transfer case and rear right hub) so i'm squeaky clean... always...

Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How much did you put in your rear diff? I put 1/3 a bottle in my rear diff hopefully I will not see that leak again. I don't feel like pulling off both hubs.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lipadj46
How much did you put in your rear diff? I put 1/3 a bottle in my rear diff hopefully I will not see that leak again. I don't feel like pulling off both hubs.
I 1st replaced the hub o ring. I can remove the entire hub together with axle still intact in about 15 min or less (no need to un-torque the axle nut. 7 times of practice and you'll be able to do the same =).

Anyway after I replaced the O ring, still leaked. I noticed there was an imperfection in the actual axle casing on the inside where the hub bolts onto the axle. I put RTV on it and still leaked. Then I bought a used hub and still leaked but it slowed it down (with a second new o ring). Finally i took a dremel and I smoothed out the imperfection and re-applied RTV, 3rd new o ring and the leak substantially slowed even more. almost one drop every few days/ or once a week.

Disco Mike then told me about WS and I was only able to put probably about 1/3 or less (since some poured out) and it leaked for about 2 more days and then it stopped. same with transfer case. I did this in late May 09. i was just under my rig looking at the hub and t-case and it it dry!

However, I used the $20 8oz bottle https://gouniversalproducts.com/prod...Stop-leak.html

I have a bottle of the WS steering stop leak that is $10 that claims to be good for t-cases, axles, etc.. and I will be be putting some in a DI that is seeping t-case fluid.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

can anyone tell me the difference between these two rims? and explain why AB states it should only be used with "stock size tires"

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/3030.cfm
and
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RRC114560MUWA.cfm

Quick Reply: Pictures of 2inch lift and tires