Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat question

Is there a fuse for the power seats or is it just wires (97 Disco 1) My driver side seat works, but my passengerside seat does not work.

Also the light under the automatic transmission is there an easy way to check it. Mine seem to gone out and I would like to replace it. Thanks
[/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Power seat question

Yes there is a fuse that handles pwer seats. I looked this up quickly via RAVE. Found this:

Right power seat fuse is #6 and is 20amp. It's found in the interior fusebox and it's activated with key in ignition. I'm assuming the fusebox is under the steering column like my D2. Left power seat fuse is MF 3 which is a 60amp fuse and is found in the engine fusebox.

I would recommend using a test light to check the fuses. Sometimes a fuse looks "good" but you never know until you use a test light on it. If you're not sure, just go pick up some fuses and simply replace the fuses associated with the power seats.

I'm not sure if the D1 uses the "AUX" fuse location for seats. Mike would know.

-W

Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Mudding

thanks MY number is 6 was burnt out and its 20, it shows 20amps, cigar lighter vanity mirror, heated seats... i jsut replaced it my cig light works, vanity lights work and my right seat moves when i turned it on.. Thanks (its wierd for two reason, my left one moved perfectly, and the manual only says cig light, vanity mirror and heated seats)

I must read more of the raid cd, im not as mecahnicaly inclide (more use to haymes manual)

BUt again Thanks a million, now i can finally use my phone charger and laptop at sites.

Also the D1 has two satalite connections they look good and the only problems i have now are cruise control, abs, and check engine light p1178 (I checked the cruise control light comes on but nada I think its the controler it self, which may of been burnt out by power steering leakeage on it, when i found it it was sitting right under the resovore) I swear the woman who had this last didnt take care of this at all... but it is a fun to learn how to restore one.. I do know this.. my next new vehicle will be a land rover, most likey the LR3 as it will be my daily driver instead of this one, and this one will my play toy

[/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Check you vacum lines for leaks. That is like the number one reason the cruise dosnt work.
As for replacing the bulb for the gear selector, just replaced mine last week.
Take a flat head screwdriver and gently pry under the back of the plastic trim that goes around the base of the gear shift and lift off.
There is a single tab at the back and two prongs at the front, but you have to pry from the back and then replace in reverse order.
After you get the trim off you will have to wiggle the bulb socket out of its holder.
I used a front marker bulb from a Chevy that I had years ago. But if you take the bulb to AutoZone or NAPA they will hook you up with the right bulb for under $5.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Mudding

thanks