Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with oil getting to the top

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problems with oil getting to the top

OK, went to do the rocker rail cleaning and the bolts holding the intake manifold on are giving me some trouble and I do not want one to break off so any suggestions would be awesome.

I have also decided that I may just change out the lifters while I am in there. I have found some from Rimmer Bros. and Turner Engineering out of the UK for about $85 after the conversion, but then Atlantic British has the kit for $200. Has anyone ever dealt with either of those companies or should I just AB or is there somewhere else I can turn too?

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problems with oil getting to the top

Hmm I don't know about taking the intake manifold off, never done it (yet)? Maybe you can just take off the top half to get the rocker cover off? I'd have to look at it to see?

I actually grew up locally to Rimmer Bros, they started out just in a "barn" down a dirt road and they were in that barn until about the late 80's. I live in TX now and went backto the UK in Feb and saw their current place, it's quite hard to believe what it started out from only just over 20 odd years ago. For the most part I was happy with their prices (I bought back a few smaller, cheaper items) and their service. They actually make a tuned version of the Rover V8 @ 5.2L, 310hp/350lb/ft. I'd like to get one of those one day & put it in my disco! I'm not sure if shipping costwould offset any savings you might get if their parts are cheaper? Rather than ordering in the US? Plus British companies are sometimes more reluctant to do returns if you're not happy with what you buy. But I've been happy with them myself so far. Some OEM parts there were 75% cheaper than my local TXdealer?!