Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector Headlights

I've recently decided to upgrade my factory headlights on my '03 Discovery. Is there any brand/size of projector headlights that will fit? If not, how easy are modifications? Thanks.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know of a projector type replacement head light for you. You may be able to do something custom but I am not sure how deep you want to get into it. They tend to be nice lights to begin with, what are trying to achieve?

Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
4th Gear

Well, I basically want to just replace the factory bulb with a projector bulb, so that it looks alot like the Range Rover's lights, but if I don't find anyone that feels confident enough to customize them like that, then I won't mess with changing them. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Overlanding

I retrofited some hid projectors from an acura TL into my civic. Not THAT hard but you just have to take your time...

Check hidplanet forums if your serious. Or send your lights to these guys. They do great work.

http://www.customlightz.com/

Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoveryDave
Well, I basically want to just replace the factory bulb with a projector bulb, so that it looks alot like the Range Rover's lights, but if I don't find anyone that feels confident enough to customize them like that, then I won't mess with changing them. Thanks for the help.

it will look just like a range rovers head light except it will be illegal, blind everyone and most likely cause an accident or three.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 AM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
it will look just like a range rovers head light except it will be illegal, blind everyone and most likely cause an accident or three.
I did it to my D2 and if you actually have projector headlamps then HIDs aren't illegal. It is when you put the HID in reflection setups or whatever that they are illegal. I do have people flash their lights at me all the time but they just get my lightforces in return. I wouldn't flash back at them and blind them but I've driven at my car and it does not blind you the color is just a lot different than people are used to.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Mudding

I have done a projector conversion on a D1 with nissan murano projectors and an HID kit, projectors are better to work with because you can control the light "cutoff" unlike a regular halogen reflective headlight which radiates/scatters light everywhere when HID's are installed in them. Projectors offer a safe(r) way to convert to HID, My 03 D2 did pretty good with just an HID bulb install, ive driven at them to and they are not blinding or distracting. I would like to use infinity fx35 projectors or honda s2000's if I convert my 03 to projector/hid I believe both designs offer HI/LO solenoids to have lo beams and a solenoid that takes away the "cutoff shield" internally for hi beams, just like the murano projectors I used for my old D1. Infinity and honda projectors are better because they are the smallest projector available and easier to work with and modify.