Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling my hair out

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling my hair out

I did the Shuttle Valves, Amigos were intermittent before I did them. After about 3 days they stayed on all the time. Had them scanned, wish I had the codes, but was told that the ABS Modulator was bad. Just did the Option B and guess what, still on. CDL, CB and Exhaust leak have all been fixed/installed, why does the Rover taunt me so. Still taking it Off Road on Saturday, we will see what happens.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalel
I did the Shuttle Valves, Amigos were intermittent before I did them. After about 3 days they stayed on all the time. Had them scanned, wish I had the codes, but was told that the ABS Modulator was bad. Just did the Option B and guess what, still on. CDL, CB and Exhaust leak have all been fixed/installed, why does the Rover taunt me so. Still taking it Off Road on Saturday, we will see what happens.
Someone might prove me wrong here, but it is my understanding that if you have the Amigos on, you might really not have the 4WD system running. Just a head's up if you go off roading and find yourself with one tire spinning in the mud!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Mudding

I have a CDL, just installed it, works great.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Mudding

Do I need to remove the ABS sensors to clean them?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Without the ABS codes, it is difficult to determine what exactly is the problem. The sensors may need cleaning or adjustment, but from the "the ABS Modulator was bad" statement, it is more than likely either the shuttle valves, or the circuit board. Both of which are covered in the ABS sticky, depending on the specific code.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Snafu / Disco Fries
Someone might prove me wrong here, but it is my understanding that if you have the Amigos on, you might really not have the 4WD system running. Just a head's up if you go off roading and find yourself with one tire spinning in the mud!
How would you not have 4wd its a full time set up and unless he removes the drive shaft he'd be in 4wd. If he did the cdl wrong it would not engage in locked but still be in hi or lo 4wd. His traction control won't work but he will have 4wd.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by bullcrew
How would you not have 4wd its a full time set up and unless he removes the drive shaft he'd be in 4wd. If he did the cdl wrong it would not engage in locked but still be in hi or lo 4wd. His traction control won't work but he will have 4wd.
I agree with you. Even with the Amigos, he will have the 4WD without the benefit of traction control. But, as I know, it is embarrassing to be pulled out by a freaking Escape because the TC is off due to the Amigos.

*To save face, it was uphill, in the mud, with street/summer tires. Once on wet grass, I was able to pull the Escape with trailer attached up the hill.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bullcrew
Yes, that I know, but without the aid of TC it will not stop the wheel that loses traction from spinning. Again, I was looking to be proved wrong but wanted to throw it out there. I watched my friend not being able to get up a small snowy incline in his Disco when he had the Amigos come calling.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Mudding

Before the CDL, I did off road it and only have 1 wheel spin at times. With the CDL I have much more traction and min two wheel spin.

I did the shuttle valves and the Option B, need to re-bleed the system again though.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Mudding

I had a local shop with the high-end Snap-on scanner do the 3 stage bleed on the Rover.
1. Manual Bleed
2. ABS Modulator Bleed
3. Power Bleed

Went through a full bottle of Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4 brake fluid, but the lights are still off and the brakes are 100 times better than they were. Only cost me $56.00, including 2 extra bottles of brake fluid.

Last edited by Kalel; 01-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Pulling my hair out