Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 12:43 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pump problems

I have been travelling in France with my 2002 Land Rover Discovery. It broke down and the fuel pump ( diesel ) was replaced. However 3 weeks later it broke down again - same symptoms, and the 2nd garage ( LR garage ) have removed the fuel pump stating this was not a LR part. At the same time that the car broke down ( the 2nd time ) the suspension went doolally. The LR garage have now replaced the suspension pump at the rear. This happened at the exact same time which seems as if it could be more than a coincidence ! Could the two pumps be linked in any way ? Could the poor work done by the first garage caused the subsequent two pump problems !?

Old 09-03-2017, 04:18 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinfj
I have been travelling in France with my 2002 Land Rover Discovery. It broke down and the fuel pump ( diesel ) was replaced. However 3 weeks later it broke down again - same symptoms, and the 2nd garage ( LR garage ) have removed the fuel pump stating this was not a LR part. At the same time that the car broke down ( the 2nd time ) the suspension went doolally. The LR garage have now replaced the suspension pump at the rear. This happened at the exact same time which seems as if it could be more than a coincidence ! Could the two pumps be linked in any way ? Could the poor work done by the first garage caused the subsequent two pump problems !?
With a diesel TD5 you have to follow a specific re-start if you have changed the pump or emptied the fuel delivery system. Check in RAVE for the specific procedure. It is also advisable to change the air bleed valve if it's original, (Part No: WJN500110) and also the fuel filter (Part No: ESR4686).

There is no connection between the fuel pump and the suspension both physically or electronically so it's a coincidence.

There are a few parts which it is best to replace with the original LR parts and diesel fuel pumps is one of them.

Speak to the guys here, the owner is a Brit

Landypoint - Spare Parts for Land Rover, Mini, Jaguar, Rover, MG, Austin & Lotus

Old 09-03-2017, 05:07 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pump problems

Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Kevin Jenkins