Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranger rover rims on a disco?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ranger rover rims on a disco?

I'm looking to purchase a set of 20" Range Rover Stormer rims to put on my D2. I was wondering if I could just throw them on or is there more to it?

I want to throw a street tire on now and have my current all seasons for the winter as I drive a lot and don't want to wear them out so quickly.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

They will fit. You will also need the lug nuts and some hub spacers to fill up the gap between the wheel and the hub. Besides that, you should be good to so.

Also, with a 20" inch wheel, to keep the speedo correct, you will need a 265-45-20 tire.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dgi 07
They will fit. You will also need the lug nuts and some hub spacers to fill up the gap between the wheel and the hub. Besides that, you should be good to so.

Also, with a 20" inch wheel, to keep the speedo correct, you will need a 265-45-20 tire.

Could you maybe show me the things in links? I'm not good at this kinda stuff at all and normally I'd go to the dealer and do it BUT I'm not paying 3k for wheels and tires from the Land Rover dealer.... that's half what my truck is worth.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Pro Wrench

You are gonna need these

Lug Nut Kit (Set Of 20) (RRD500290A Same Fit As Part # RRD500290) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British

You will also need to find a set of hub centirc wheel spacers. I am running plastic ones, but my vehicle is not a daily driver. For a daily driver, you may want to go with steel.
The size you need is 70.1mm-72.6mm. Google is your friend

In addition, are you going to do the spare wheel, because if you dont, you will need to have two different sets of tire tools and lugs. I would highly recommend doing the spare as well just for the sake of simplicity and ease.

Last edited by dgi 07; 07-24-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

like already mentioned, new lug nuts and hub centric plastic rings. You'll also have to live with the fact that you put absurd wheels on a vehicle that shouldn't have huge wheels on it.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Three Wheeling

You are gonna need these

Lug Nut Kit (Set Of 20) (RRD500290A Same Fit As Part # RRD500290) - Land Rover bolts\clamps\brackets\washers from Atlantic British

You will also need to find a set of hub centirc wheel spacers. I am running plastic ones, but my vehicle is not a daily driver. For a daily driver, you may want to go with steel.
The size you need is 70.1mm-72.6mm. Google is your friend

In addition, are you going to do the spare wheel, because if you dont, you will need to have two different sets of tire tools and lugs. I would highly recommend doing the spare as well just for the sake of simplicity and ease.
Ok cool, lug nuts weren't as much as I expected, the ones I currently have won't work? My families LR4 has 20" wheels and one of the lug nuts were damaged and I used one of the extra ones I had off my truck and it worked.

I will be doing the spare.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
like already mentioned, new lug nuts and hub centric plastic rings. You'll also have to live with the fact that you put absurd wheels on a vehicle that shouldn't have huge wheels on it.
I didn't buy my Disco to drive in a mud hole. I'm not complaining about what I think of your rover, keep it friendly.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Pro Wrench

Now now ladies. Keep it civil.

OP. good that you are doing the spare. I think they are different, but I honestly dont know. I put L322A 19" wheels on mine it was a completely different lugnut altogether

Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Three Wheeling

Now now ladies. Keep it civil.

OP. good that you are doing the spare. I think they are different, but I honestly dont know. I put L322A 19" wheels on mine it was a completely different lugnut altogether
I'll just buy the set to be safe. lol "ladies"

Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 AM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Just don't make them chrome.
Unless you want to go southern CA
and look like you are from the hood.
Yeah and black out the windows too.
So so sick of hood cars here and chrome rims.

Quick Reply: Ranger rover rims on a disco?