Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear coil conversion = Battery draw?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear coil conversion = Battery draw?

Recently changed out the rear air bags to coils and had the sls lightwas remidiedby the installer. My problem:when car is off, still hear the pump(under drivers side) making a noise every 20-30 seconds like it is checking itself. The pump is not coming on/running, but seems to constantly checking for the bags. I pulled the cover off and you can hear the pump making a constant low noise and if you put a hand to it, you can feel a constant vibration. If the truck sits for more than two days it wont turn over, already put in a brand new battery (got to love that Sears Die Hard battery warranty) and still after two days of sitting it goes dead. Is there another alternative to shut the whole system off, or shouldI just disconect the pump altogher to eliminate the battery draw? Thanks in advance on any replies.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Rear coil conversion = Battery draw?

I have heard of this happening before, there is a way to turn off the pump, I think the ECU needs to be programmed to not run the air compressor.
Otherwise I think that you can just unplug it.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Lee,
You will need to have a mechanic scan and shut down the SLS system to stop this problem.
PM me with your tele number, I am looking for a used SLS pump and may the height switches.
Mike

Old 11-09-2008, 02:07 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to disconect the pump, solved the battery draw issue but created a new one... The SLS light came on and as soon as I hit 20mph the suspension chime came on and does not go off till back under 20 mph.

Mike- the shop that did the install was able to get the sls light to go off, is that different than shutting the system down altogether?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the dealer to get the slabs ecu reprogrammed before you go nuts. Had the same chime thing over 20mph and that ride to the dealer was the longest one ever. Blast the music and go!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: leeoaks

Tried to disconect the pump, solved the battery draw issue but created a new one... The SLS light came on and as soon as I hit 20mph the suspension chime came on and does not go off till back under 20 mph.

Mike- the shop that did the install was able to get the sls light to go off, is that different than shutting the system down altogether?
Lee,
Good talking with you.
Yes, if the chimeys are still ringing then you need to shut the SLS function down in the ECU.
Take care