Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear light Guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please point out the part instead of being a dick. I looked and could not find a light guard to BOLT UP TO MY STOCK HOLES. I have factory threaded holes on my disco. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-19-2010, 12:49 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rhino_e28
I looked and could not find a light guard to BOLT UP TO MY STOCK HOLES. I have factory threaded holes on my disco. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Did you look at the link I posted?
Do none of the lamp guard on atlantic british work?
I'm confused as to how your stock lights don't have the same mounting pattern as the stock lamp guards.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:41 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please point out the part instead of being a dick. I looked and could not find a light guard to BOLT UP TO MY STOCK HOLES. I have factory threaded holes on my disco. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Pardon me? The links we gave are for "factory threaded holes".

Old 05-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Three Wheeling

Im sorry for my little outburst. I guess im not being clear enough, So i have attached a photo. There are 3 thread holes, Which i assume are for my light guards. I did not see one product on Atlantic that would fit these holes.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm guessing that male genitalia reference was aimed at me???

Maybe say "thank you" to the people that listed links for you, BEFORE they had any idea if you drive a DI or a DII. We STILL wouldn't know what model if you hadn't posted a picture!

It's people like you that are ruining this country, you can't do any work for yourself, and you expect people to set things on your lap....demanding that we "POINT OUT THE PART." Give me a break! Would you like one of us to buy the taillight guards for you too?!?!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yes, those are stock holes but not all D1's have them. Atlantic British has what you need, they are $159.95 and are part number RTC9503AA. I think just going by the picture it does not look like they are the right ones but they are. I have a spare one that came off my D1, I think it is the left that you can have real cheap, just find your self the right. You should look on ebay as well since they are always on there.

On the D2 they attach totally different and so you cannot comare them.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Three Wheeling

]I'm guessing that male genitalia reference was aimed at me???
Your absolutely right, it was aimed at you.

Maybe say "thank you" to the people that listed links for you, BEFORE they had any idea if you drive a DI or a DII. We STILL wouldn't know what model if you hadn't posted a picture!
Thank you to everyone who posted a link. I do appreciate it, As a earlier posted said, The photos are very misleading. In post #3, I supplied the model and year.

It's people like you that are ruining this country, you can't do any work for yourself, and you expect people to set things on your lap....demanding that we "POINT OUT THE PART." Give me a break! Would you like one of us to buy the taillight guards for you too?!?!
You just opened up a whole new can of worms.... I happen to work 60 hours a week working for a STATE based institution I also hold a job on the side as a part time mechanic. Dont tell me how I am ruining this country by asking for help. I looked at every single link and searched Atlantic, LONG BEFORE POSTING HERE. I did not see a single product that dolts up using three hole like what I have. With people saying to use a certain product and posting multiple links, I didn't want to waste my money buying the wrong things, especially when nothing lined up. Im curious, What right do you have tell me to look at the links when you supplied nothing to this thread. Oh and thank you for posting my comment in your sig. I enjoy the fact that a new guy with only 5 or 6 posts can make such a difference in your life.

Last edited by rhino_e28; 05-19-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Three Wheeling

I should of pointed out my comment about being a dick was towards ylodisco. Not you.

Originally Posted by mwindth
Pardon me? The links we gave are for "factory threaded holes".

Old 05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
you might be the only person in the history of land rovers that has actually had sucess in protecting a rear tail light with one of those guards. congrats.
Are light guard for the rover pointless then?

Old 05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Are light guard for the rover pointless then?
No they will work for certain things and not so well for others. I have always felt that light guards were more for tree branches and light duty stuff rather then hitting a rock or something like that when backing up. More or less they will look better than having those 3 holes in the body anyways.

Quick Reply: Rear light Guards