Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Sunroof not working (no movement)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Sunroof not working (no movement)

Hello

I have a 2001 SE7, 89k miles, with the front sunroof working perfectly, the rear is closed and will not budge. I swapped out the driver's sunroof connector into the rear slot and the front sunroof worked, the rear would not work in either the front or rear socket; so I think that is telling me the motors are good, but not sure where that leaves me.

I tried using the rear sunroof button only too; no difference. And the isolator switch is not engaged so it shouldn't be an oversight like that on my behalf.

Any ideas what might be the next best step?

Thanks

Old 11-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Three Wheeling

I have same thing in mine the front one work but the back one dus not

Old 11-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

If you never listen to anything else ever listen to this, do not try to fix it, leave it alone and be glad it broke closed.
The front is next, my advise is to never open them, ever.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

my advice is to seal them shut so they don't leak.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Three Wheeling

ok thats cool but just for for fun dose the back widows and sun roof dont work so was just thinking some thing simple if not simple then not going to f with it so thank you for the replay thow

Old 11-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Drifting

my front one is in the same boat. pretty much sealed shut. the dealership fixed it twice. i figured i was tired of giving them my money and will not pay for it to be fixed a third time.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by txt1
ok thats cool but just for for fun dose the back widows and sun roof dont work so was just thinking some thing simple if not simple then not going to f with it so thank you for the replay thow
mb it is a bd wnd comp? snce bth bk wnd and sunrfs no wrk?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Three Wheeling

you know i love the fact that i get so much **** for not being able to speel and heres to to you as hole but win you need your roof done some one like me is the one two do the job. so go a head and poke the new guy get it all out of you so my Q. is dose the rear sunroof and rear windows run on the same relay if so is it were the others are cuse nothing in the back works but the dome light so with a two year old i wood like for it all too work no mater what the cost i do all my work my self so just need to know if its the relay or some bug in the wireing lol

Old 11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Team Owner

Man, chill out. I cant spell either so I use spell check.
You are posting from your phone and using lots of abbreviations that most of us do not understand which makes it hard to help.
When you mis spell a word I can figure it out, when you dont use punctuation and use text language I have no idea what you are saying.,

If you have a DI and your rear windows and sunroofs are no working it is the window lift ECU, the circuit board gets cracked and the windows will not work.
Easy DIY, just remove it, it is behind the glove box, open it and re-solder the broken joints on the circuit board.
If you have a DII and the rear windows do not work not much I can say as I have yet to hear of that happening on a DII.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Three Wheeling

sorry about that. sore sub. so the window ecm i will try it. My kids don,t care. they just want the window,s to work. so i said i wood get them going for them. SO this is fun at black friday i got to tsc and park on a big rock. that was frunt of the stall i was in and right be for i pull in i see this guy in jeep. and seing that the last play toy i had was an xj i was like look at this. well me and the wife are looking for toys for the kido. they say my tag nuber. over the radio. so i go up and see whats up and there be a cop. son of a bitch. well 125 dollers leter. and a good cop i got to take my lany home the store was going to have it towed.

Quick Reply: Rear Sunroof not working (no movement)