Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear wiper blade.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked like the ones that came off but the rubber blade looks like a better quality. They fit perfect. The fronts at least. I'll get pics and post tonight.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Three Wheeling

Back in Colorado Springs, the manager of the O'Rileys was supper helpful. He got me just the blade replacment so all I had to do was slide the old blade out and slide the new one back in. Cost about $12 for all three. I miss that store, one of the trully helpfull parts store.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Three Wheeling

What is the advantage of switching to DI wiper arms? Is it just balde replacement availability?

Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by far4cges
What is the advantage of switching to DI wiper arms? Is it just balde replacement availability?
Yep. If you are on the road, and something happens to a blade, you can stop at ANY auto parts store, Walmart, Kmart, S-Mart, etc and get a replacement.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the info!

Nice S-Mart reference... This is my BOOM stick!

Old 08-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Winching

The pics.
Rear wiper blade.-imag0657.jpgRear wiper blade.-imag0658.jpg

Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i got a regular Anco rear blade for mine, i think 13" or 14", snaps right in, you just need to put the frame on the bench grinder to match the contour of the old arm so it sits flat, took under a minute to match the contour. just trace the old one on the new one

Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are funny : "snaps right in, after using a dremel tool or grinder to modify it"

The theme is that you CANNOT buy over the counter wiper blades and expect them to pop in, you WILL have to make some sort of modification for them to work.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
You guys are funny : "snaps right in, after using a dremel tool or grinder to modify it"

The theme is that you CANNOT buy over the counter wiper blades and expect them to pop in, you WILL have to make some sort of modification for them to work.
Thought the same thing when I read that post.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I played with a few refills for the back to make something work and had some success, but now I just order a couple of the ALLMAKES brand replacements for $5.30 each from Roverfarm and keep one on hand and save on shipping. They carry the full replacement front blades by ALLMAKES as well for $7.50 each.

RovahFarm for all your new Land Rover Parts and Accessories

I use Trico Break-To-FIt replacement refill #47-700 that has both blade refills for the front of my D2. I just pull the old rubber blade itself out of the track of the OE wiper arm by using pliers to squeeze the one end of each blade that has the notch to hold the refill in the track of the OE metal arms of the main wiper arm. Then, snap the two metal support pieces and break-off one of the pre-marked pieces at the marked snap point on the new refills, and cut the rubber to be the same length or I usually do it a little longer to allow for shrinkage over time, Then carefully slide the rubber refill all the way in until the locking tab drops into the indention on the metal frame guide/frame of the replacement refill.

The key is to keep the 3 U-shaped pieces that come on the refill on the rubber blade while you feed it into the metal guides on the D2's wipers until you get the blade almost all the way in, and then remove them or if you continue and put the blade on they will just drop off the other end, and that is OK too. The U-shaped pieces keep the two metal support pieces that are on the outside of the rubber refill from allowing the refill to come out and supports the rubber when in the frame. Getting the two small metal frame supports to go back on the rubber refill and in to the tracks on the wiper arm metal frame and stay in place is a pain once they fall out. Ask me how I know. I have used these and replaced the front blades about 5 times now on my D2 and no problems. Easier than it sounds.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 10-02-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper blade.