Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote start recommendations

Have a 02 d2, I was thinking about installing one. Does anyone have one already installed? Do you like it? Or does it not work that well. If so any brand recommendations? I'd like to Install it myself as well so if you had any problems you Encountered plz tell. Thanks in advance

Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Not a bad idea for people up north that want it nice and toasty instead of waiting on it to warm up. I'll be following along. Think it's a great idea. I know there are a lot of brands out there that offer it but never had one that wasn't factory installed. Keep us posted on what you find out

Old 03-08-2017, 12:28 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

A friend of mine installs remote start but he told me that they need the key chip. I did not go through it coz the key is quite expensive to get and program. Also, there are so many here that have a starting problem once in a while including me, but I'm sure someone can give you the right direction.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
A friend of mine installs remote start but he told me that they need the key chip. I did not go through it coz the key is quite expensive to get and program. Also, there are so many here that have a starting problem once in a while including me, but I'm sure someone can give you the right direction.
well with most new model programmers, u can program keys. Was that what you were referring to Gerry

Old 03-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have had a remote start for almost 10 years on my 01 D2.
I think it is a Python?
Got it installed by a chain accessory shop around here, AutoOne, for around $120? I don't even know if they're still in business?
Or keys don't have chips.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:36 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
well with most new model programmers, u can program keys. Was that what you were referring to Gerry
Not sure about the specifics anymore but as I remember, they have to use the keys electronics to function.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Not sure about the specifics anymore but as I remember, they have to use the keys electronics to function.
weird. Never ran into that situation. Would be a nice feature though especially if you could have the *** warmers on too

Old 03-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I tried to get it installed on mine at a local Audio shop who does this type of work, they told me to not waste my money on it. They had installed auto start on a few discos, and had trouble with them all either not working or just plain random doing weird stuff. The shop wouldn't take my money. I said "Thanks".

Old 03-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for the response. I'm not to sure whether or not to do the install. I just moved to Washington state not willingly (military) but I hate running to the car to warm it up and run back in the house in the freezing ran. So when I use to work for LR I don't remember a customer ever having one on theirs. But I also know discos limit what you can do to them because they don't like being messed with lol. So I may risk just going ahead and doing it and let fate work it all out.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by sik4x4
Thank you all for the response. I'm not to sure whether or not to do the install. I just moved to Washington state not willingly (military) but I hate running to the car to warm it up and run back in the house in the freezing ran. So when I use to work for LR I don't remember a customer ever having one on theirs. But I also know discos limit what you can do to them because they don't like being messed with lol. So I may risk just going ahead and doing it and let fate work it all out.
i know the feeling man. I went from the gulf coast to getting stationed in Seattle on a icebreaker of all things

Quick Reply: Remote start recommendations