Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
oh ok so ft Lewis down around Tacoma. Well I went to a few Seahawks games but I'm a NCAA fan, SEC and Auburn of course WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!
That is correct. I do prefer college ball myself, but since in here I might as well see the hype of the 12th man stadium the loudest of them all ha ha

Old 03-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
You seem to have a theft problem similar to the UK. In France you can leave your truck unlocked unless it contains food as they'd steal the food, especially a baguette, but leave the truck untouched

My Pajero has a Cobra immobiliser/alarm which seems pretty effective.

What do you find wrong with the stock immobiliser/alarm system? ........ it seems pretty effective in most circumstances.

I have a theory, if a thief wants into your vehicle bad enough he will always find a way even by breaking the glass side windows. It's exactly the same for your house also.
So the theft I'm not to worried about, which you are correct if a thief wants it they will take it. I'm more interested in the remote start feature. As I'm a typical American to lazy to walk out side to warm it up and walk back in.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sik4x4
That is correct. I do prefer college ball myself, but since in here I might as well see the hype of the 12th man stadium the loudest of them all ha ha
yea I was a coastie and the base is a block from the stadium so you can park there and walk. It's also only a block and a half from the mariners stadium. We always got free tickets from the mwr on base and I'm sure it's the same down there. And there is a small px on the coast guard base. It's called ISC Seattle and it's close to the ferry and pike place and downtown so you can park on it and walk just about anywhere without having to worry about somebody towing or getting in your disco. When I was stationed up there, I lived in Lynwood for a while then moved closer to south Seattle.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Be careful not to set off land mines with your remote start (no one will understand this comment...)

Old 03-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
Be careful not to set off land mines with your remote start (no one will understand this comment...)
nobody from Africa is on the forum

Old 03-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

nobody from Africa is on the forum
there was an active land mine found at his military base yesterday buried next to some railroad tracks

Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Pro Wrench

there was an active land mine found at his military base yesterday buried next to some railroad tracks
damn. I know we found some unexploded ordinance next to the tracks about 3 years ago that fell off a military train

Old 03-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Drifting

Yea I know right, so I'm in the Corps of Engineers so we work with explosive all the time. Since they found this land mine here they want my company to pull out the mind detectors and sweep the area for more lol.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Drifting

damn. I know we found some unexploded ordinance next to the tracks about 3 years ago that fell off a military train
Yea the EOD guys are going to blow it in place today at night should be awesome

Old 03-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Drifting

yea I was a coastie and the base is a block from the stadium so you can park there and walk. It's also only a block and a half from the mariners stadium. We always got free tickets from the mwr on base and I'm sure it's the same down there. And there is a small px on the coast guard base. It's called ISC Seattle and it's close to the ferry and pike place and downtown so you can park on it and walk just about anywhere without having to worry about somebody towing or getting in your disco. When I was stationed up there, I lived in Lynwood for a while then moved closer to south Seattle.
Wow I would of never thought about parking at the CG base. Thanks for the info . I just hope they don't see army on my id card and jump me. The mwr here does the same, however funny as it is the air forces mwr gives out a lot better deals and is a lot nicer than the army sides. Damn A.F always have nicer things

Quick Reply: Remote start recommendations