Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
i know the feeling man. I went from the gulf coast to getting stationed in Seattle on a icebreaker of all things
Yea I went from Texas to horrible Seattle, at least the fishing is a lot better here.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

Viper looks like a pretty nifty system. You can add a bunch of different security modules to it.

https://www.viper.com/car/security/

Old 03-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sik4x4
Yea I went from Texas to horrible Seattle, at least the fishing is a lot better here.
coastie I take it

Old 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Go Hawks!!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been considering installing a system in mine also. Mine came with a broken fob, and mismatched door/ignition keys. I figured it would be about the same amount of effort to fix the oem setup as it would be to just go aftermarket and add remote start.

For what it's worth, I can unlock and start my car with the electronics completely removed from the key fob, so I don't think there's any key chip requirement.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
coastie I take it
Nope Army😁.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
Go Hawks!!
Ehhh to many hawks fans here, I'm originally from Washington d.c so when I got stationed here all my buddies thought I was at home since I'm a redskin, capital, and national fan. Not understanding d.c is on the opposite side of the country

Old 03-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crisis In My Nomex
I've been considering installing a system in mine also. Mine came with a broken fob, and mismatched door/ignition keys. I figured it would be about the same amount of effort to fix the oem setup as it would be to just go aftermarket and add remote start.

For what it's worth, I can unlock and start my car with the electronics completely removed from the key fob, so I don't think there's any key chip requirement.
So mine came with a broken fob as well. After we got the hail, then sun then snow then rain all in the same day I had enough with WA weather I have my mind set on installing one, but for both of us it's killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:29 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sik4x4
Nope Army😁.
oh ok so ft Lewis down around Tacoma. Well I went to a few Seahawks games but I'm a NCAA fan, SEC and Auburn of course WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

You seem to have a theft problem similar to the UK. In France you can leave your truck unlocked unless it contains food as they'd steal the food, especially a baguette, but leave the truck untouched

My Pajero has a Cobra immobiliser/alarm which seems pretty effective.

What do you find wrong with the stock immobiliser/alarm system? ........ it seems pretty effective in most circumstances.

I have a theory, if a thief wants into your vehicle bad enough he will always find a way even by breaking the glass side windows. It's exactly the same for your house also.

Quick Reply: Remote start recommendations