Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced Front Bumper

So my 03 Disco II's plastic front bumper shattered in the cold with some help from an elderly motorist with questionable parking skills. I cannibalized the headlight washer jets and have installed a steel winch bumper which I have to say looks pretty boss and was a dream to install.

The plastic bits were all tossed with the exception the lower mounting support bracket and screen. Does anyone need that or the metal bits for restoration or rehab?

I have the following available:

- metal armature assembly which is intact and undamaged
- one driving light
- Tow eye
- aluminum crush boxes
- Steel front cross member/connection bar, mounts to front chassis holes.

PM me if you need something or everything otherwise its going in the dumpster.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Three Wheeling

Everything is now spoken for! Happy Holidays y'all.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MaineDisco2
Everything is now spoken for! Happy Holidays y'all.
Hi. Can I ask what front bumper you went with? Happy with it? I'm at that part in my build where I need to decide. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Three Wheeling

I went with the Rovers North Winch bumper with integrated LED driving lights. It was on sale. It created awesome angle of approach (might need a skid plate). Its super low profile and no frills, very easy install and appears super durable. Not sure if anyone else has experience with these.

Now I'm looking for advice on a winch.

Attached Thumbnails Replaced Front Bumper-img_0706.jpg   Replaced Front Bumper-img_0708.jpg  
Old 01-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the Rovers North Winch bumper with integrated LED driving lights. It was on sale. It created awesome angle of approach (might need a skid plate). Its super low profile and no frills, very easy install and appears super durable. Not sure if anyone else has experience with these.

Now I'm looking for advice on a winch.
Very cool! I just picked up a Warn 10k winch on Amazon. Warn is a very popular option. I have seen some other owners with Smittybuilt.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Here are the pics again for those who are visually challenged like me.

Very nice looking bumper!

The following users liked this post:
MaineDisco2 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Three Wheeling

So if you had the choice between a brand new, old model VS10000 standard duty Warn winch (they are all on sale)or a used XD9500ti which would you go with? Yes I'm sure 12k or 15k would be awesome but the $$$ doesn't grow on trees. I'm mostly concerned with self recovery. Any thoughts from the Rover gallery?

Old 01-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

So if you had the choice between a brand new, old model VS10000 standard duty Warn winch (they are all on sale)or a used XD9500ti which would you go with? Yes I'm sure 12k or 15k would be awesome but the $$$ doesn't grow on trees. I'm mostly concerned with self recovery. Any thoughts from the Rover gallery?
I'd stay away from a used winch.

The following users liked this post:
MaineDisco2 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

That bumper is the Terrafirma TF009A, right? It looks like RN modified it a little bit with the LED lights. There's also the TF009, which has washer bottle guard and swivel eyes

I like the low profile look without a big bull bar. Considering this myself! I don't care much for the winch though, so I'd prefer it tucked in more, but I don't see any options like that

Last edited by Jeff Blake; 01-04-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Is your washer bottle protected? Definitely some great angle of attack, even with the winch tray. Looks like a snug fit for a winch, may have to trim the grill. You can't go wrong with a Warn. Personally, I like Ramsey wormdrives, which is what flatbed tow trucks typically use (extreme duty), however, too big for your bumper. They are big, heavy, and slow but tough as nails. You want to look a Smittybilt or even a Harbour Freight to see which fits the best.

Quick Reply: Replaced Front Bumper