Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing plastic coolant lines with steel

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 11:23 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice modifications. I can't tell you how many times I have snapped these little plastic lines. To fix I have just used tiny hose clamps and some heater hose to replace broken sections. This added flexibility where I needed it but kept the original plastic where I could. Seems to work well (so far) fingers crossed. By the way, this is my first post - new as a member but have read many threads over the last few years, thought I would start chipping in here and there as I gain experience (and gray hairs) with these vehicles. Its a love/hate relationship for sure! The love outweighs the hate though.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:34 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy124
Nice modifications. I can't tell you how many times I have snapped these little plastic lines. To fix I have just used tiny hose clamps and some heater hose to replace broken sections. This added flexibility where I needed it but kept the original plastic where I could. Seems to work well (so far) fingers crossed. By the way, this is my first post - new as a member but have read many threads over the last few years, thought I would start chipping in here and there as I gain experience (and gray hairs) with these vehicles. Its a love/hate relationship for sure! The love outweighs the hate though.
You're right! Love and hate, thats what it is. Anyway welcome to the forums.
BTW, I think that aluminum piping looks great. It will take years for corrosion to take over since coolant have properties that slows down the process.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,275 Likes on 896 Posts
Default Timely rebirth of a topic...

Pulled the upper radiator shroud off the 03 the other day...and the previous owner ran 5/16 hose all the way from the reservior to the radiator upper port. The hose was completely flat in both spots where the tubing would have ran through the grooves on each end of the rad. Nice.

I'd already decided to go the steel tubing route, but it's nice to see it done.

Brian.