Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rim Painting Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim Painting Question

I'm thinking of painting my rims on my black '00 D2. I was thinking of painting them black but I think it will be too much black for my liking. I still want a dark color and was thinking of painting them gunmetal. What do you guys think? Are there any Rovers on this site with painted gunmetal rims? What other dark color options might work? Thanks in advance.
Jason

Old 06-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Rim Painting Question

Look around for pics of the Kalahari Edition Disco. they have hood black out and gunmetal(I think ) rims

Old 06-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: JRdisco1

Look around for pics of the Kalahari Edition Disco. they have hood black out and gunmetal(I think ) rims
COOL!

Old 06-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: JRdisco1

I google searched it and they look like black wheels. Thanks anyway!![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've been thinking about painting mine like a semi gloos to a flat black powder coat since i have a friend in the business, just don't really wanna go thru the trouble of dis mount re mount to paint them. prolly gonna end up just buying some black steelies (procomp) so i get black wheels, and also order them with more offset, there less than a hundred bucks each anyway.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: mikemeyer0

i've been thinking about painting mine like a semi gloos to a flat black powder coat since i have a friend in the business, just don't really wanna go thru the trouble of dis mount re mount to paint them. prolly gonna end up just buying some black steelies (procomp) so i get black wheels, and also order them with more offset, there less than a hundred bucks each anyway.
I have a friend that does powder-coating also. I'm with you, I don't want to dismount and remount either.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Overlanding

I painted 2 of my wheels today. I'll finish the other 3 this week. I chose Gunmetal metallic to paint the wheels. The only pics I have is the spare tire mounted on the back of the Rover. It really came out good and I like the way it looks on the Rover. Hope you guys like it too.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Drifting

If you are looking for a dark color to fit your Rover, you might want to go to a paint store and take some time to look at how many different blacks there are I think you would be very impressed. About a month ago my friend went in search of buying some black paint for his project he is working on, and found out that there is so many shades of black he couldn't make up his mind. Gun black is really a very dark blue color, beleive it or not, and I personally would love to see it when you get it done.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Overlanding
Old 06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Overlanding

oops

Quick Reply: Rim Painting Question