Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roof Rack

It was the British Pacific website that gave me that idea that the rack was easy on/off, by the way:

"Removal after assembly is easy (4 bolts) for storage when not required."
http://www.britishpacific.com/BPSite...rRoofRack.html

Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roof Rack

As many have said, it depends on what you'll be using it for. I've got the Monocar rack and I love it. It attaches to the rain gutters and cost me 4mpg highway but the utility is worth it. Most seem not to like this rack for one reason or another but it was the only one that I thought would work for me. The reason I went with this rack is that it is aluminum and the back is open. I use the rack constantly and for me a steel rack would not work as it would get all kinds of chipped up, rust, then drip on the car and stain the paint. The fact that the back is open was also very important as it is very easy to load 4X8 sheets of plywood, MDF etc. The open back is also better for transporting oversized pieces of decking and dimensional lumber. The other think I really like is that the floor crossbars are grooved for anchors that can be removed or slid across to secure virtually any load. I regularly cary very heavy loads well in excess of the racks rating and it has held up flawlessly. Mine is the low-profile one and I can get it in the garage, albeit with only a hair of clearance. It also fits in automatic car-washes and parking garages with no problems...... as of yet.