Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rover definitions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rover definitions

i just joined tonight and have seen a few things several times and need explanation. what is the "rave"? who are the three amigos?
are there others i need to know?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The rave is a land rover service manual that will come in handy many many times. Download it here:

http://www.landroverresource.com/

The three amigos are when your ABS/Hill Decent Control/Traction Control lights all come on indicating a possible problem with your wheel sensors. Its a common occurrence on DIIs.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default hemmmmm....

Rave, rave dance or rave party is a term first used in the 1980s to describe Acid House Parties (often all-night events) with fast-paced electronic music and light shows.[1][2] At these parties people dance to dance music played by DJs and occasionally live performers. The genres of electronic dance music played include house, trance, techno and jungle (often collectively referred to as "rave music"),[2] with the accompaniment of laser light shows, projected images and artificial fog.

unrelated to the LR Rave manual but after owning a LR you will want to do drop some acid to escape the nightmare of owning one...

The three amigos are what Camdisco24 explained but he forgot to add that everytime you see a light pop up on your dash thats telling you you are either looking at a lost weekend of pain and greif or $1,000.00 disappearing from your bank account...

Sorry, i couldnt resist.....

Hey, i see your avitar is Team infidel...you must be a shooter...

Old 06-17-2010, 12:21 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by vandev

unrelated to the LR Rave manual but after owning a LR you will want to do drop some acid to escape the nightmare of owning one...
Just curious... Do you enjoy your disco at all? i've never seen you say a single positive thing about them. If I shared your thoughts about these trucks I would have sold mine a long time ago. Not trying to start anything, im just wondering...

Old 06-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default tough question....

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
Just curious... Do you enjoy your disco at all? i've never seen you say a single positive thing about them. If I shared your thoughts about these trucks I would have sold mine a long time ago. Not trying to start anything, im just wondering...

thats a tough one cam...No offence taken...

: to have a good time
1 : to have for one's use, benefit, or lot : experience <enjoyed great success>
2 : to take pleasure or satisfaction in

i have owned these trucks for just over 10 years. i guess you could say i am kind of stuck with them as it is a truck i can almost do all the work myself. i have 3 now. A RR and 2 disco's. i got my 20 yr old daughter one as i felt pretty good about her safety as compared to a small car and cheap. remember the word i said "cheap"..... i live in south florida and 99% of the drivers here are Fu%cking ********. It's like the third world of driving. After owning DII's now for only a year and a half, i would have to say my RR 4.0 was a much bigger pleasure as it didnt have continuious problems. It had some big problems like all LR's do but generaly you could drive for a couple years without a problem. These discos are like models...always need attention. I like trucks but i dont love them or any car for that matter. they are all piles in one way or another. My wife just got a 2005 Volvo s40 . I can say that i do enjoy driving that as 33 mpg and i dont need to constantly look at the temp gauge...The long and short of it..If my DII was $40,000.00 6 years ago and now you can pick one up for less than a stainless bbq, i woudl have to say it's not a work of art..LR made some good trucks but they really Fu%cked up on most of them.. I try to shed a humerous light on the subject. I think alot of people get a little to wound up about there trucks.. there just a hunk of metal..like skies thery are suppose to take you somewhere but there are alot of other ways to get there..

Ask me when i own a defender...

Last edited by vandev; 06-17-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have owned these trucks for just over 10 years. i guess you could say i am kind of stuck with them as it is a truck i can almost do all the work myself. i have 3 now. A RR and 2 disco's.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

....I get a kick out of your posts, and think you would absolutely LOVE an FZJ80

Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
TReK

thats a tough one cam...No offence taken...

Good answer, sounds like you're in an abusive relationship that you cant get out of.
Gotta admit, most of your responses make me laugh because, deep down they are true. haha

Old 06-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default thats right..

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

....I get a kick out of your posts, and think you would absolutely LOVE an FZJ80

insanity is right...add a latin wife and 3 kids...i must be insane as my only escape from insanity is not working....insane haaaa..

Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default yepp.. here's my junk yard

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
Good answer, sounds like you're in an abusive relationship that you cant get out of.
Gotta admit, most of your responses make me laugh because, deep down they are true. haha

Cam, we are all in a abusive relationship one way or another...we all have the easy road but we , well some, wont take the easy road...

I hope they make you laugh as thats the only solice we have from these piles...yes, the truth ...if we dont laugh what else do we have...

How about thoes denver bronco's..

My junk yard below....

No the porsche cyan is a guy i do work for...it's fast as sh$t for crossover...

Attached Thumbnails Rover definitions-junkyard.jpg   Rover definitions-junkyard1.jpg  

Last edited by vandev; 06-17-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Rover definitions