Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rover definitions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to all for the entertaining banter. special thanks to camdisco. the link has already paid off. i did drop 1k today but i was better educated before doing it.
the cam on my corvette forum is a good guy, too. coincidence?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunz
the cam on my corvette forum is a good guy, too. coincidence?
Cams are a special species.

Glad that link helped, the rave will come in handy many many times. Welcome to the forums as well, the guys here have saved me alot of money of the years. Don't go to a mechanic before you post here first, you'd be surprised how easy some issues can be resolved.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Overlanding

my vette forum is the same. i haven't run into a situation yet that one of them hasn't already endured. i am a glutton for punishment because both of my rides demand attention from me like no others. the wife is already leery of a defender because she already knows what will happen. she wants me to get an LR4 because she thinks it will require less of my time.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default you like the pain

my vette forum is the same. i haven't run into a situation yet that one of them hasn't already endured. i am a glutton for punishment because both of my rides demand attention from me like no others. the wife is already leery of a defender because she already knows what will happen. she wants me to get an LR4 because she thinks it will require less of my time.

My wife is the same.. The LR word around the house is like the F word. Defenders are the bomb but will require much money to get it to the drive for 5 years with no tinkering stage. The lr4 well its a new truck and warranty helps the pain. My friend has had there Lr3 for about year now with zero issues...

i wish i could afford a defender..

Old 06-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Overlanding
Default the pain is good

do you have any insight on the new lr4's? my service guy told me not to even test drive unless i am ready to buy because it was so good. just wanting to compare notes with someone. there is something i like about not getting wet and being able to hear myself think on the road. i lived 1 mile from the training area i worked in as a combat instructor a few years back. i actually did spend more time off road in my jacked jeep than on road and secretly wish for a defender to go back to that time. i just wonder if that time is over....for now.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

she wants me to get an LR4 because she thinks it will require less of my time.
You will definitely have more free time, you can't even change your own oil on the LR4, so the only maintenance you can do is vacuum the carpet

Old 06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default where did you work/

do you have any insight on the new lr4's? my service guy told me not to even test drive unless i am ready to buy because it was so good. just wanting to compare notes with someone. there is something i like about not getting wet and being able to hear myself think on the road. i lived 1 mile from the training area i worked in as a combat instructor a few years back. i actually did spend more time off road in my jacked jeep than on road and secretly wish for a defender to go back to that time. i just wonder if that time is over....for now.

Where did you work? Blackwater.....?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Overlanding
Default not quite...

i am a master sergeant of marines. infantry by trade.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default Nice

i am a master sergeant of marines. infantry by trade.
Nice, yea ...a defender is the bomb.......I am having a tough time trying to mount my M4 in my discovery.....

Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Overlanding

don't switch trucks...just switch guns!

Quick Reply: Rover definitions