Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RV Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RV Wiring

I have a 2004 Discovery with the factory 7 pin trailer connector. I want to be able to tow a trailer that requires the 7 blade RV (standard to everything except for Land Rover) connector.

The trailer requires an electric brake modulator, mine works off of a Radio frequency when paired, but from what I am seeing, there is no battery charging ability through the stock dealer installed 7 pin that I have on the truck.

I had the local RV shop put together a 7 pin to 7 blade adapter and when we went to plug in in to test.... the guy looked at me and said, "I've never seen that before...". Great. He's been in the biz for over 25 years and never seen my application.....

He says he could remove the Land Rover 7 pin (assuming all the correct wires are there as in any normal tow equipped vehicle) but I'm not holding my breath for a standard switch-over.

Has anyone done this conversion successfully?
I have the RAVE Manual but I cannot for the life of me find anything close to a usable wiring diagram showing the wiring for such an application.

I told the RV guy I would bring a copy of the wiring harness so he can do the job.....
I'd appreciate any help on this one, especially if you have any diagrams and or pictures of the successful swap.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

It's a European truck, so that is a European wire harness.
Call AtlanticBritish, they have various trailer wire harness and they might have just what you need.