Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad Day

Well, looks like i am going to be selling my Disco, I can't afford having two trucks and i use my pick up more than the disco. Money's tight so i'll probably sell it for like 3600-4000. Whatever i can get i guess. I mean what 21 year old is supposed to have an 04 GMC, 01 Disco and a 99 Honda Shadow? stupid debt.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Sad Day

Well, If you are going to sell it, don't give it away.
How many miles are on it, what sort of condition and any modifications?

Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Mudding

Well its basically stock with my straight pipe that i had done. it runs great but cosmetic things like i knocked the bumper covers off and had them kinda rigged back on there, the headliner is starting to come loose. in one spot. The intake gaskets have been replaced as well as the thermostat and header gaskets. It'd be good for someone who wants to add off road bumpers to it. great truck and i'll buy another one sooner or later. I mean i work at a car lot that sells them so i will still be here on the forum.

Edit:Miles: i think around 104K or 109K. i haven't looked in a while.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When you say straight pipe, did you take the cats out too?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Mudding

I took off the resonator and muffler. kept the cats on to keep it legal

Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You dont know what your mileage is because you havent looked at the OD in awhile? When was the last time you changed the oil? So far sounds like a trk I wouldnt want to buy, but thats just me. I could tell you what my OD says everyday almost to the mile.
Sorry to hear that you have to sell it though. Is it paid for?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:22 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

See if the car lot you work at will buy it from you and hold it tell you get the money to buy it back. It sounds like you put a lot into your truck and you seem to love it and have a good time with it. Its worth a try, but it is a business so they may not be willing to. I would just hate to give up a disco that I still wanted to have! Even if you do end up selling it, get as much out of it as possible and find someone one that will take care of it (and that you can hunt down later to offer a buy back)

Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Getting out of debt is a lot more important (IMO). Get rid of it (and maybe your other one) and get your finances in shape. They're will be other L/R'sout there when you are ready to own another.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Mudding

well lets see, i have 3 different vehicles so no, i don't look at my odometer everytime i get in. I change my on schedule but i haven't drove that truck in about 3 weeks. Hence why i could afford to get rid of it. I wasn't posting this to try and sell it. And yes getting out of debt is more important.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Sorry Steve, I wasnt trying to be a jerk.
Is it paid for? What do you use the GMC for, work?
The smart money is to sell the car that you owe the most money on. If you use your trk for work you can buy a good utility trailer for under $1000 and it is as good as a pick up trk. Is the bike paid for? I dont know where you live but here you can only use a motorcycle 3 months out of the year. Sell it too.
I feel your pain though, I am debit free and I love it. That doesnt mean that I have money, it just means that I dont owe any, which is a great feeling.

Quick Reply: Sad Day