Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sad Day

The Land rover is paid off, but the money i got from it was going to pay off a credit card and pay off some on the truck. i think i might just sell the truck and i sold the bike, even though here you can ride them 9 months of the year comfortably, all year if you can dress warm enough. The truck was used for moving equipment around and such and i love the room it had on the inside. I'm a big guy and i get cramped in the little Disco.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The best thing to do would be to sell whatever you have a payment on. If that is the bike and the pick-up sell them.
Take the money that would normally go to the car payment and put that towards your bills. Pay your house/rent FIRST, then heat and electric and the rest goes to credit cards.
Pay the minimum on the lowest credit card, if you owe $500 to Sears and $1000 to Best Buy, pay the minimum to Sears and the most that you can to Best Buy, once Best Buy is paid off then take the minimum that you would pay Sears and and the full payment thatyou were paying to Best Buy.
Then after that is squared away and you want to trade the Rover for another pick-up go for it. But the smart money is getting rid of the car payment.
It sucks that you have to sell stuff, but you will be better off in the long run. You are to young to have to much debt, but lenders love the younger buyers because they are less informed and they want stuff.
And if you default on the loan, they get the car back, which they sell AND they collect from their insurance company on the policy that they took out to cover their ***' when you defaulted, so they make money when they repo your car.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking as someone that has been in deep debt in the past, yes it's very important to nip debt in the bud, and having three vehicles is rather extravagant. I've been there and done that when I was in my 20's too. As far as vehicles go I'm like a chick with shoes, I can't ever have enough of them! You'll have to give up some of the toys for a while, but don't worry as you get older you'll make more money and be able to afford better ones down the road. At the price you're selling it, I'd be tempted.......but oh no there I go again, buying more cars I don't need LOL!