Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saudi Grill for Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saudi Grill for Discovery 2

I am seeing alot of interest by D2 owners for one of these saudi grills that were made for the D1. How many D2 owners can positively say that they would purchase one if available? I ask this because my brother designs aftermarket parts for a living. He could easily replicate this design for the D2, but I would suggest also considering if many owners would also want it to be 03-04 headlight/bumper applicable or pre 03. In any case by responses let me know. The cost will be close to the actual costs in making this but if not too many are interested, that cost would be higher then more volume to spread the tooling cost.

For those who like the grill because of the open mesh front, do you also like the slit ducts? Those could obviously be eliminated in the design, or other minor changes. Let me know because I dont see many parts available for discovery that isnt off road only derived. Me personally, I use my truck for snow and sand here and there as I live on the beach but would like to see more aftermarket stuff for comfort/ asthetics. I just wouldnt invest thousands into one part alone. Range rover style side vents (functional) in a nice anodized black or black nickel would be right up my alley if they were available. In any case, lets hear from you what you think about the grill or other custom parts other then roof racks and lift kits.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Saudi Grill for Discovery 2

Depending on cost, and whether you would ship me one to the UK, I would be interested !!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Just this past weekend I was thinking about a way to add some vents for the engine compartment. The side vents on the Rangies did come into mind. I'd like to see something for an '01 D2.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:44 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

X2 on that i would be very interested in something like a side vent. I know that if you guys offer competitive prices you will spark a ton of interest on this fourm alone, who knows what you could do if you set up a website. Those Saudi grills are in high demand by disco owners, but they are freaking hard to find. Keep us posted on this, I would love to hear what you guys decide to do.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,If your brother wants to come up with a popular mod, given the interest regarding the 2003-2004 headlight style,he should come up with front markers that would have a black backwall with clear lens and just like the 2003-2004, 2 round orange lights and a long side one.

In other words, take the front markers and make it look exactly like you split the one piece 2003-2004 headlights in two. I'm quite sure that given the price be around $250, they would sell like hot cakes

Old 05-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Three Wheeling

^^ True that!I would buy some in a heartbeat!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Rock Crawling

I'll take a saudi grille for sure, assuming it's quality made and has the LR emblem on it. I'd have to see some good pics of the finished product though, I've been hosed before. I had someone who "specialized" in aftermarket parts make a grille insert for the front my 350z and it was complete junk.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I posted this in another topic, "grille upgrades" I think, But Ill stick it here to, this guys is doing them in the UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110252322243

Old 05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Heres a couple, one with side vents from a rangie sport + saudi grille,

And another with a rangie super charged grille + vents.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:49 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm pretty much in love with that red one, I would love to have the side vents made, except in black.

Quick Reply: Saudi Grill for Discovery 2