Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD Highrack D2 - Should I sell?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SD Highrack D2 - Should I sell?

So I have decided to go a different way with my '03 D2 and bought another truck to make my trail rig out of. My issue is that I just bought a new house and I can't get the D2 in the garage with the SD High rack on so I am "thinking" about taking it off but don't really have the room for it in the garage with my projects going on all the time and don't want to just leave it outside in the back either. So i am "thinking" about just selling it or leaving it on.

I thought I would ask you guys your opinions on what i should do and if i do sell it, whats it worth?

Its the SD high (works w/dual sunroofs) in great shape with all hardware:

Name:  0662.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  165.2 KB

Name:  0652.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  136.2 KB

Let me know what you guys think and if I sell it whats it worth - THANKS...

Old 10-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would look good on my 99 D2. PM sent.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna tell you to modify your garage door and door surround, but looking at your Disco made me notice that a stock susp. and non all-terrain tires just don't give that rack half justice and actually look somewhat akward.

But if you give it a small lift and tires, your truck still won't fit in the garage even with a modified door because of your house's roof line.

I feel your pain, cause at 1 point in my life, I had modified my Jeep cherokee with a 5 inch lift, 32 inch tires and the spare tire was mounted on the roof. But the truck didn't fit in the garage anymore. So when I had my present house built, I had an 8foot garage door installed and now my Disco with an OME lift, 265 tires fits even with my sport box mounted on the roof.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Rock Crawling

Yes, you should sell it! I will give you a $100 today only. Just kidding....do you ever use the rack? If you really want to put the Disco in the garage then you need to sell it and put the money in your maintenance fund.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

If you never use the rack, there's no reason to keep it.
It's worth what you can get someone to pay. I've seen them in really good shape sell for as little as $200 and for as much as $1000.
As I recall I paid 400 for mine, which included a Hella work light.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Winching

Yeah we have actually used it a few times that's why i am just "thinking" about selling it. I have hauled lumber on it a few times and when we go to Indy and the races at the Iowa Motor Speedway we load it down, but only maybe 4 times a year will it get used.

So my lady says she wants to keep in on there and thinks that's what sets it apart from all the other LR's around here and we just wont put in the garage I guess. We will probably be building a new house within 2 years and I want a bigger door for the third garage. We just bought a zero-lot for now to get out of our condo and have a yard for the dogs and to have a rental property for later.

My plan with this truck now is to go minimal with the upgrades and just keep the 18's, do a 2in OME lift and put some 275/65R18 GY Duratrac's on it. Then if we keep the SD we will put some Hella 700's on it and a work lamp on the back.

So maybe you will see this rack on the sale thread but not sure.

THANKS GUYS-

Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Nothing wrong with parking outside Bro!!! If you're gonna lift it and put the tires you mentioned, I say keep the sucker. It's worth heck of a lot more than you can sell it for anyways. But with the Disco in stock form, it kinda looks like a short and skinny guy in a bathing suit with a wrestling mask on

Old 10-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Darover
Nothing wrong with parking outside Bro!!! If you're gonna lift it and put the tires you mentioned, I say keep the sucker. It's worth heck of a lot more than you can sell it for anyways. But with the Disco in stock form, it kinda looks like a short and skinny guy in a bathing suit with a wrestling mask on
Thanks hilarious - i said something very similar to my lady... It really does just look like a "mall crawler/soccer mom" truck huh? But every time we talk with another Disco owner they always say the love the rack and that they want one - I have actually never seen another SD rack in person before. I did see one go for $900 on fleabay a while ago tho and that would be nice to have to put into my trail rig.

Probably just keep it though because the lady always gets what she wants...

THANKS MAN-

Old 10-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I'd expect her to wanna get rid of it and you wanting to keep it. That's the way it'd be at my house for sure. But if the lady wants to keep it, you're good to go, I'd keep it no question about that. Just pulling your leg by the way. It does look cool and all, but just not at its place on a Disco in stock form with street tires. But a very small lift and slightly more agressive tires and BAM!!!! killer looking rig !!! You'll see when you do it.

As said, that's a keeper!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Darover
I'd expect her to wanna get rid of it and you wanting to keep it. That's the way it'd be at my house for sure. But if the lady wants to keep it, you're good to go, I'd keep it no question about that. Just pulling your leg by the way. It does look cool and all, but just not at its place on a Disco in stock form with street tires. But a very small lift and slightly more agressive tires and BAM!!!! killer looking rig !!! You'll see when you do it.

As said, that's a keeper!
Yeah she likes it but also wants to keep the truck in the garage this winter and i don't want to have to go out and scrape ice off it at 6am when one of us uses it. But once we do the lift and tires I am sure it will look like its supposed to be there. Maybe I will just drive about 2hr north to the cabin and take it off there and hang it from the ceiling or something for the winter and until we get the tires and lift.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS-

Quick Reply: SD Highrack D2 - Should I sell?