Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD rack questions (accessories mounts + light bar/guard)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SD rack questions (accessories mounts + light bar/guard)

I am looking to mount a shovel and a HiLift jack on my rack and I was wondering if anyone had a write-up on how they made there's??? I can't justify paying $250 + shipping for the mounts I need from Trek Outfitters.

Also, has anyone made a light guard for the SD rack or now of a place to get one cheaper than $350? Here is a link to the ones that Trek sells - http://www.trekoutfitters.com/extra/...s/lightbar.htm. I really like the looks and the functionality of the riser tabs and CB mount that is already one this but $350 just seems high...

I got some old used Pelican cases, couple really hard plastic Farner Bocken boxes as well, and 2- 12 gallon pontoon gas tanks with a quick release pump system for free this weekend. Then out of the blue my grandpa asked me if I want "this old jack" and I asked well what is it. He said he thinks its for tractors and is red. Well come to find out its not old at all and its a HiLift brand jack he got in a lot he bought at auction.

Getting all this stuff got me thinking "what am I missing up there"? So let me know if anyone has any advise. THANKS

Old 04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You are also missing sand ladders.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Spike555
You are also missing sand ladders.
I have always thought sand ladders and bridging ladders are a waste of money and space in/on your truck. I can honestly only think of one time I would have liked to have them.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Team Owner

I have yet to use mine with my truck but I use them all the time in winter with my work van.
They have saved my bacon enough times to have paid for themselves many times.
Mine are home made.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Spike555
I have yet to use mine with my truck but I use them all the time in winter with my work van.
They have saved my bacon enough times to have paid for themselves many times.
Mine are home made.
I have carried some homemade ones before too in another truck but I never actually used them. I am assuming that here in Iowa, once I get the winch on, I will not need them.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Team Owner

Probably not, but wouldnt they look cool mounted on your rack?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Winching

Yes of course they would - haha. But everything else that will go on the rack was either sitting in the back and has been used or I just got for free and will get used.

No one has made there own brackets on this forum?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For mounting doodads, you might be able to use some of the Quick Fist Clamps? Seems like we could figure out a way to make some work. I just saw a picture today on Facebook of Justin's (Lucky8) Rover with a couple of these mounted on the hood holding a winch anchor thingamajigger.

Just a thought...

Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by dnorrell
For mounting doodads, you might be able to use some of the Quick Fist Clamps? Seems like we could figure out a way to make some work. I just saw a picture today on Facebook of Justin's (Lucky8) Rover with a couple of these mounted on the hood holding a winch anchor thingamajigger.

Just a thought...

PERFECT - dnorrell has made my day - I knew there was something like this, I just couldn't remember where/what I had seen.

Thanks man-

Old 04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great! Does that mean I get a free pair?? ha! I have also seen them over at expeditionexchange.com, but I would try not to order from them if I could help it.

Quick Reply: SD rack questions (accessories mounts + light bar/guard)