Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat and Radiator Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat and Radiator Help!

Still messing around with my land rover trying to get this thing in tip top shape. With the way things break I do not think I will ever see the day. Anyway the coolant seems to be getting lower and lower and I have had to add more to the car twice in about a month of use. I have used about 2/3 of a jug of coolant. I took it to a radiator repair place and they looked and looked and looked and couldn't find anything. Since it only drips when the car is running he suggested checking some type of part on the exhaust but I can't remember the name?

Also my landrover is a seven passenger model, and one of my way back rear seats will not fold upen. It will fold out and lock into the floor flat, but it is missing the black piece to fold it open in closed. However even with the piece missing the back should still fold up without the button just not closed. The other one operates this way but for some reason this one you just hear a click noise when you try to turn the metal nubs where the lever is supposed to be. I have taken the back plastic panel off the seat but cannot get to the mechanisms of it. What is the first thing to check/any suggestions/ and how to open it further would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I had new tires put on and the shop said the pads were less than a few months old, but he did his best on the rotors, and the pads still squeak, and the brake like will occasionally flash when first starting and driving the car. I have the parts for serpentine belt and new driveshaft but the mechanic is working 12hrs at his main job and hasnt had time to get me in. Luckily the check engine light has stayed off for awhile (knock on wood) and I'm still not having any luck getting some of the cosmetic parts Im looking for. If you know anyone who has some of the cupholders/a overhead magazine storage thing for the middle row passengers or the piece that is towards the back left of the passengers seat. It looks like its a common piece to brake. I would appreciate it.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the seat to work still emailing different people about the parts... We found out that the exhaust needs a new flange gasket between it and the catalytic converters as its causing a rattle. We identified the pulley that is making the noise using that rubber hose trick.