Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell or part out?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010 | 03:58 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
door ding? you can't get that out its aluminum. gonna have to be melted down and reshaped into a new door! would be cheaper to just get it out of the driveway. ill take it off your hands ill even give you $40 and a few cans of organic canned soup.
Deal! Problem is I think I'll have to have it towed to you, the dent is about 1/4" wide, probably no longer safe to drive at this point.

Old 04-17-2010 | 10:19 PM
|
Overlanding

Ya this is a real posting, Ok ill give you all the story.. I am an engine machinist/ builder. We have a family friends that owns this rig and about 7 months ago they needed a head gasket replaced. I DO NOT work on friends cars as it can tend to strain relationships, BUT they know that I care about what I do for a living and if I dont sound full of myself?? I am a damn good machinist. ( I hear machinist hardly ever have egos)... Anyway they made me an offer I couldnt refuse. I repaired the head gasket issue and a couple weeks later there son hit a deer. They again made me an offer I couldnt refuse, I looked for the pieces to repair but they were a little hard to find used, so since then they have bought there son a new car and have decided that I can do whatever I want with it and I get half........ SOOOOOO that is the reason for my original post. Im NOT going to sell this car for 1500.... As far as me finishing it and selling it I have bigger and funner fish to fry. if someone will pay 5k for it then ill sell it, if not! Ill part it out because a couple people have suggested if I part it I could possibly get that out of just the running gear, IF I could find the buyers???? So i was asking for some more opinions.. Any input would be appretiated...As far as pictures!! Ill go out and take a few right now and post them later tonight...

Old 04-17-2010 | 10:53 PM
|
Overlanding

Oh I forgot to mention the ins co totaled the rig, so my assumption is they now have a salvaged title.

Old 04-18-2010 | 09:45 AM
|
Overlanding

I came back to post a few pictures and I was rereading some of the replys and I wasnt aware that there were that many smart asses out there. well heres a few pictures if anyone gives a sh&t.

Name:  DSCN0297.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  DSCN0295.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  57.0 KB

I purchased a hood and drivers headlight, It needs the drivers bumper end cap and the bumper cover, the grill, drivers fender (although the damage is VERY minimal on the one we have)

Old 04-18-2010 | 09:54 AM
TReK

That damage is a little worse than you described, I think thats why you got the replies like that. However, I still think you should find and sell it rather than part out.

Figure out how much it will cost to fix the entire thing and deduct that from blue book and see if its worth it. I know you mentioned you dont want to fix it, but it might be worth it for you as you can get alot more money. 2004's usually sell pretty quick so I think you can get it off your hands pretty easily, fixed or not fixed. I dont know how a salvage title will effect that though...

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:12 AM
|
Overlanding

The damage is exactly what I described. But the way I was looking at it is if I sell it right now I get half with no more time spent on it. But if I can double my part of the sale by parting it then it may be worth it. No matter what the rig will be going away. I really dont want to fix it because I dont need the money and we just got a new wakeboard boat. and if I have a choice of skiing or fixing this thing Ill take the skiing.... For someone this might be a good way to get a nice ride for a good price. Im just not going to give it away.

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:15 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
That damage is a little worse than you described, I think thats why you got the replies like that.
yeah, exactly. Your first post made it sound like it just needed a bumper..that's why you got the smart *** replies.

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:39 AM
|
Overlanding

"HIT A DEER" what would the average person think???

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:49 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by a1machinista1
someone hit a deer and the front bumper cover, brush gaurd, and some small pieces are no longer usable.
to me that sounds like it needs a used $75 bumper and leave the guard off.

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:49 AM

Your biggest concern is a GOOD PRICE FOR YOU, NOT THE BUYER.

For $5000 we can pick up several that don't have the body damage and a salvage title.

And the one you are trying to sell probably has all the other unresolved DII issues as well.

Go just go ahead and go to the lake, we don't give a hoot what your pompous *** does with that damaged DII.

Have a great time wakeboarding.

Quick Reply: Sell or part out?????