Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell or part out?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010 | 11:03 AM
TReK

Do whats best for you. You clearly already know you want to sell or part out. If you have the time to part out, go for it. But like I said, someone can easily fix it....

By the way, this is a forum, we can't read minds. We were picturing the damage based on what you originally described, which sounded minimal. Dont blame us for taking it the wrong way.

Old 04-18-2010 | 09:29 PM
|
Overlanding

Ok fair enough, I guess ill have to be a little clearer next time. If you know where to get a $75 bumper, Ill take 3, Ill even pay shipping....as far as having a pompous ***??? I personally dont think its that big, but you sure made me feel bad about it.....Thanks alot

And no I havent made up my mind on what I want to do with it... I might just crush it, take pictures and post them here????????

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:09 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by a1machinista1

And no I havent made up my mind on what I want to do with it... I might just crush it, take pictures and post them here????????
I'll come up there, pick it up, and bring it to the junk yard for you. FO FREE'.

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:21 PM
TReK

I've seen stock bumpers pop up on craigslist for cheap since people just want to get rid of them when they put on an after market winch bumper.

Old 04-18-2010 | 10:30 PM
|
Overlanding

What fun would that be for me?

Old 04-18-2010 | 11:55 PM
Mudding

People on this site can be so immature sometimes. I might only be 21, but sometimes i feel like i act older than my age. Lets keep it professional on here please?

Yes, this does seem like a very fixable vehicle, and it definately would be worth a lot more if you fixed it up and then sold it. However, if you did decide to part it out (and have the time to do it) you would most likely get a good chunk of money that way. If i had seen this vehicle last year, i would have already called you and been towing it home for $5k.

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:06 AM

you won't take $1500.... how bout $1600?

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:21 AM
Mudding

'bama Boy - relax, a good ball busting always help lighten the mood. Thick skin required.

A1 - if you have "bigger, funner" fish to fry then just sell her as she sits. Parting out a vehicle is a time consuming process. Tons of email (most of which do not end in a sale), pricing parts, pulling parts, packaging parts, shipping parts - its a major PIA. Your profit quickly disappears if you figure your time into it. BTDT

My 2 cents.

Dave K.
new to LR's but not to parting cars...

Old 04-19-2010 | 07:56 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by 'BamaBoy
People on this site can be so immature sometimes. I might only be 21, but sometimes i feel like i act older than my age. Lets keep it professional on here please?
I think you've got LRFs confused with D-Web. Did you read through all the posts? There is a reason this thread is like this. Shoot... some of us thought the OP was joking at first based on the original description...

Old 04-19-2010 | 08:32 AM
|
Overlanding

Im sure there is someone who would be willing to fix this rig, I could only imagine what the process would take to part this out. Even "IF" I could part it out for more, I dont know if it would be worth it... I did some more looking last night and I think $4,000 seems a little more reasonable...

Quick Reply: Sell or part out?????