Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Light is on after weekend of wheeling

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SES Light is on after weekend of wheeling

I took the Rover up to Joshua Tree this weekend to try and do some of the trails that I didn't get to do last time. So far I have gone both ways on berdoo canyon, black eagle mine, and dale road. I have taken Pinkam canyon road one way and I would definately like to go back and do some more. If anyone knows if there are some other good trails that I am missing please let me know. I posted some of the pics under my profile if anyone wants to check it out.

Yesterday the SES light came on with the codes 0004, 1100, 1172, and 1175. I have had the 1172 and 1100 a while ago and the light went off after a few days so I didn't think much of it. I was wondering if anyone knows what this could point to? I have completed Mikes list as well as having my headgaskets done over the past few months. Everything feels fine and there aren't any new noises. If anyone has any clue please let me know.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I have never seen a single digit fault code like the 4, both banks are running rich and I can't help you with the other codes. Before you burn up your cats, I would suggest you get it back to your mechanic.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Mudding

The Service engine light has turned back off by itself. I am not exactly sure what is causing this but I will keep you all informed.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was getting misfires that I did not even hear or feel after off roading with mine. I had a bad plug wire replaced it, reset codes and all is well. I also noticed a small crack in the exhaust manifold I am keeping an eye on it.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by skyguy
I was getting misfires that I did not even hear or feel after off roading with mine. I had a bad plug wire replaced it, reset codes and all is well. I also noticed a small crack in the exhaust manifold I am keeping an eye on it.
In your case, never replace 1 wires, cause if one fails, none of the others are really any good. I bet if you go look, you will see that you have the original gray plug wires which only last for 50 or 60K.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by malmberg
The Service engine light has turned back off by itself. I am not exactly sure what is causing this but I will keep you all informed.
You are not out of trouble, if you have a regular mechanic, talk to him, give him the codes and let him help you fix it before it bites you in the ***.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Mudding

I have tried reaserching a couple of forums and I really haven't found a answer. Some people think that it is 02 sensors which are still on my list. Others thought that it was thier maf sensor, which if it is I will wait for some of the other codes to come with it. As for the plugs and wires they are less than 3000 miles with magnecore 8mm and bosch platinums. The mechanic told me if it keeps going off by itself then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Mudding

The codes are back on and I can't figure out why. Does anyone know where these codes point to. This is my daily driver and weekend warrior, but I can't go to remote locations when I am not sure what is wrong with her. Have anyone ever had these codes and fixed them. I don't have much money to just throw parts at it. I have recently been laid off so I have nothing but time to work on her, just nowhere to start. Please any advise would be greatly appreciated.