Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

setting sls ride height

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setting sls ride height

Thankyou in advance i have replaced ride height sensors on my td5, as the rear end dropped if parked on uneven surface also the where perished but it still drops, if its parked on even ground it very often stays up, i have seen on other forums the air bags get pourous so i have ordered a new pair the veh is 12 now, my local garage can re calibrate the sls but dosnt have the calibration blocks can anybody give me the dimensions of the blocks so we can make our own his system wont let his program go any further without them as it needs a zero point to proceed also should my veh have bump stops as i can find no mention of them in workshop manual thanks again in advance

Old 03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGER
Thankyou in advance i have replaced ride height sensors on my td5, as the rear end dropped if parked on uneven surface also the where perished but it still drops, if its parked on even ground it very often stays up, i have seen on other forums the air bags get pourous so i have ordered a new pair the veh is 12 now, my local garage can re calibrate the sls but dosnt have the calibration blocks can anybody give me the dimensions of the blocks so we can make our own his system wont let his program go any further without them as it needs a zero point to proceed also should my veh have bump stops as i can find no mention of them in workshop manual thanks again in advance
I'm just about to change my air springs at the back of my TD5. You'll find the air springs are leaking and you'll never stabilise ride height while this is happening. If you read the RAVE manual the air springs should be changed every 5 years according to LR but mine are 11 years old and still OK but as Dusty1 rightly states, it's pretty uncomfortable riding home on the bump stops

To set up the sensors I would guess is not that easy and must be done on an absolutely 'board' flat and level garage surface with the LR unique kit and software program. I have never done this but I would be interested to see how you make out with it. Good luck.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:57 AM
5th Gear

What this space will keep you imformed

Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 03-08-2014, 02:10 AM
5th Gear

Hi acamato you say looks to be 60mm is that measureing your veh in running condition or have you seen mention of these calibration blocks eleswhere? look forward to hearing from you kind regards Tiger