Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shock Replacement and Sun Roof Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Replacement and Sun Roof Help!!!

I am replacing the shocks on my 94 Disco today and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me so it goes smoothly. Also, I'm having an issue with my rear sun roof. The drivers side of the sun roof works fine, but the other side is "stuck." Do I need to pull the headliner down in order to get to the assembly? One more thing. I was going to blow the drain tubes out but need to know how to get to them. Thanks for the help.

Drew

Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Shock Replacement and Sun Roof Help!!!

Also, how do you get into the sun roof assembly? Do you have to go through the headliner or does it pop out of the roof?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

You will need a new sun roof assembly once the rails and tracks start to fail.
On the shocks, use lot of penetrating fluid a day or two before you try and remove your old ones. What brand are you putting on?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the response Disco Mike!! I figured I would need a new sun roof assembly. I read some other post and found the website you have given to get the assembly. I know how to get the glass off, but how do you get to the rest of the sun roof?

I replaced the front shocks yesterday with Bilsteins. Prior to the replacement I was riding on springs only. The old shocks were completly blown. It is amazing how much better the ride is with the new ones. I love driving the Disco even more now [sm=icon_rock.gif]. I'm replacing the rear shocks on Saturday, and that should tighten everything up.

I need to fix the cruise control. The light on the button comes on but it will not set. I read other post and most say it is the vacum hose. Can you tell me exactly where to locate the hose? My Disco is a 1994 model. I saw where a hose goes into the firewall. That hose is connected to a "T" where two other hoses split off of the "T". Is this what I need to check or is it other hoses? Thanks a lot for the help.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a little diaphragm going to your throttle linkage. A line goes from there to a T fitting. from there, one goes through the firewall to your brake switch, and the other goes to the front. The front is the cruise brain. It is located under the jack. I would replace all of the lines so you don't have to mess with it again.

Not sure on the sunroof, I have an SD.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks a lot. I thought I was looking at the right hoses but wanted to make sure. The more I crawl around the Disco I can definetly see what ya'll mean by them being over built. I have been amazed each time I'm under the vehicle. My disco has 72000 miles on it. Is there a 75000 maintenace program that needs to be followed? I mean besides an oil change.

Drew

Old 03-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Three Wheeling

This forum rocks[sm=icon_rock.gif]!!! Thanks a lot Okdiscoguy for helping me with my cruise control. I know it's a simple thing, but I hate when something is not working, even something simple like cruise control. You guys don't know how much help you are to a noob like me. I'm sure I'll have more guestions and concerns in the future so thanks in advance also.

Drew

Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

do a search for the 60K service on here. If you aren't positive it has been done, get started on it. Pretty good list. Also, google the Rave CD and you can download it for free some places. It has the entire workshop manual. SHould be all you need..

Cheers.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Three Wheeling

Sounds good. I'll start on that soon. Thanks for the help. Does the Rave CD cover Disco 1's?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Drifting

Yes it covers the Disco I just down loaded it myself. Now I should be able to do everything myself. Great site!!!

Quick Reply: Shock Replacement and Sun Roof Help!!!